• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My 2nd pair: the X-Squared

AbraxasFire

I should Work at Oakley
Much appreciated @Steven Goldberg these shipped super fast, 3 days ahead of its ETA 😎👍 Pleasure doing business with you, good sir!

20220827_193014.jpg
20220827_193038.jpg

nice! the X squared has caught my attention. i really like the stems. do they swap over to juliet/romeo/xx?
You could... never seen anyone actually do that... allot of people like myself have a problem with the shorter stem and is one reason I gave up all my XS in favor for the XX. They poke into my skull at just the wrong spot and cause me headaches. Basically you would have a short stem XX R1 or J

Interesting info thanks. I think shorter stem would be beneficial for me. New thread idea: trade me your XS stems for my juliet stems 😎

Been looking for a thread that shows fit on face difference between Romeo, juliet, penny, xx and XS. Would like to compare fits and now ear stem lengths.

Interesting info thanks. I think shorter stem would be beneficial for me. New thread idea: trade me your XS stems for my juliet stems 😎

Been looking for a thread that shows fit on face difference between Romeo, juliet, penny, xx and XS. Would like to compare fits and now ear stem lengths.
The XS is significantly longer than the Juliet. I just took a tape measure to it, I'm not sure from what point to point it's normally measured, but on the XS from hinge screw to hinge screw I got about 6 inches (about 150mm), for the Juliet I got 5⅜in (135mm). These are not exact measurements, I might be wrong, but that's what I'm getting.

Oh, so you’re saying that the stems are longer on the XS compared to juliet?

When you say the XS is longer, do you mean overall length across both orbitals (not sure what you mean by hinge screw to hinge screw) or the length of the stem?

I’m a bit confused. First reply says the XS stems would be shorter than Juliet’s. Then 2nd reply you say XS is longer…

Oh, so you’re saying that the stems are longer on the XS compared to juliet?

When you say the XS is longer, do you mean overall length across both orbitals (not sure what you mean by hinge screw to hinge screw) or the length of the stem?

I’m a bit confused. First reply says the XS stems would be shorter than Juliet’s. Then 2nd reply you say XS is longer…
You need to measure from where nose bridge joins the orbital to end of stem going straight out ... I have never measured any of them so I am out of that knowledge loop but I will say the style or curvature of the frame plays a roll in length where the earstem touches the head. I can for sure say that on an XS the earstem is shorter that the XX or R1. I do not wear J's but the straight stem could be shorter though I have always assumed it was the same length as a XX or R1. Assumptions are dangerous though so willing to learn.

I see. You’re taking into consideration the width and curvature of the frames too. I think just knowing and comparing the length of both stems and knowing they will go on a juliet for my needs would give me a good idea of feasibility. I guess I’ll just have to pick up a XS pair to find out for sure!

Sorry to hijack you’re thread OP

xs is the red headed step child of the family, perhaps equal to the penny in this regard but at least is more adult sized in terms of coverage.
Are the parts interchangeable...most likely not hopefully and please don't even try, uhhg.

Latest Posts

Back