• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first attempt at a microfiber bags display for my room

Brian D

Oakley Enthusiast
Well I have a ton of microfiber bags sitting around and wanted to display them... but did not want to spend a ton of money and take up to much space...

So I went to homedepo and walked around to think of the best way to do it, and this is what I came up with. A $14 metal flat bar, $0.50 each magnets, and some command hooks for $5.

Overall I'm happy with it so far, and need to buy more magnets and get more cardboard to insert into the bags to keep them square. I've got like 20 more bags I'd like to dispaly and continue this around my room. Who knows Microfiber bags may be my next collectable item with gascans.

Figure i'd shear this to inspire someone to copy me or get feedback before I go crazy and do my whole room.

IMG_1947.jpg
IMG_1948.jpg

Well I have a ton of microfiber bags sitting around and wanted to display them... but did not want to spend a ton of money and take up to much space...

So I went to homedepo and walked around to think of the best way to do it, and this is what I came up with. A $14 metal flat bar, $0.50 each magnets, and some command hooks for $5.

Overall I'm happy with it so far, and need to buy more magnets and get more cardboard to insert into the bags to keep them square. I've got like 20 more bags I'd like to dispaly and continue this around my room. Who knows Microfiber bags may be my next collectable item with gascans.

Figure i'd shear this to inspire someone to copy me or get feedback before I go crazy and do my whole room.

View attachment 895436View attachment 895437
My man

ABA595D4-F1E4-4FD3-9881-FCFF610736F6.jpeg

View attachment 895436View attachment 895437
Cool idea, I'm curious if they’re gonna get dusty up there.

That Snap-On Wrench set with all of the logos is sick!

Cool idea, I'm curious if they’re gonna get dusty up there.

That Snap-On Wrench set with all of the logos is sick!
Ya I'm sure they will get dusty but id rather see them than have them hiding in a box.

I used to work for snap-on corporate, but I moved on until I can buy a franchise in 10 years or so.

Maybe hang em upside down? Or maybe some kind of plastic shelf that connects to the bar and runs above the bags?

Edit: Heard those franchises are very difficult to run profitably, or is that different from the trucks?

Maybe hang em upside down? Or maybe some kind of plastic shelf that connects to the bar and runs above the bags?

Edit: Heard those franchises are very difficult to run profitably, or is that different from the trucks?

I could hold them up like the photo below. May honestly be better than the magnets. Also I could do the 90 degree bar to prevent dust from settling on the top and perhaps do a led strip :).

As far as Snap-on goes I love the tools and the company. When I worked for corporate I was running a truck in Dorchester MA best known for its methadone mile, to give you an idea of the area. Yes its expensive to run a franchise, and the first 3 years you will be poor. The truck alone starts at $120,000 now of days and your looking at a $800 week payment. Than you have inventory, orders, warranties, sales tax, your financing on the street. So its very hard to start, but extremely profitable in the long run. Thats why I want to save money so when I turn 40 ill be able to try it again.

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg
IMG_1952.jpg

I could hold them up like the photo below. May honestly be better than the magnets. Also I could do the 90 degree bar to prevent dust from settling on the top and perhaps do a led strip :).

As far as Snap-on goes I love the tools and the company. When I worked for corporate I was running a truck in Dorchester MA best known for its methadone mile, to give you an idea of the area. Yes its expensive to run a franchise, and the first 3 years you will be poor. The truck alone starts at $120,000 now of days and your looking at a $800 week payment. Than you have inventory, orders, warranties, sales tax, your financing on the street. So its very hard to start, but extremely profitable in the long run. Thats why I want to save money so when I turn 40 ill be able to try it again.

View attachment 895451

View attachment 895452View attachment 895453
The 90 degree bar would work well I think, and the LED’s would be sick!

Interesting info about the truck, thank you!

Back