• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- My/Our Disastrous TN Move ... (A Photo Essay)

I really do not want to bring this to the top, but I know this will do it anyhow.

Nonetheless, I feel I must let the good folks here know I did receive the IH bag @Dyeraudio offered ... ... & only a couple weeks ago I was contacted by @TheWannaBe about having an extra/spare Skull display piece.

I offered money for both, but neither Scott nor Sam even thought of accepting a thing from me ... except hopefully a favor in kind in the future, which I think about how I can repay daily.

You folks here on OF are amazing. The best on any Forum I am on, & I am on auto forums, tech ones, handguns, car audio, music band-centric, & many others ... none compare.

Thank you.

PS: I suppose this would be the best time to thank you all for the kind words here in this Thread, my Inbox, personal e-Mail that some have, TXTs, & even a phone call that I have received about the passing of my Dad ... Pop.

I guess every child is meant to go through it, but is there ever really a "right time"? Can you ever possibly be prepared for it? Even if the situation is one that you see it coming down the line, there is still that exact moment of ... *poof* ... they are gone. Someone, for most, who has been there your whole life, ... before you remember a thing, they made sure you got to three-years-old or so where you did start to remember, realize your immediate surroundings. I do not know one instance where a child feels completely at ease with the time they had with their parent ... where they had no regrets, where every moment they ever wanted to spend with said parent was fulfilled ... it is just not possible. The times you wish you had back, the times you wish were longer, the times you wish you created to begin with to have back or to have made longer.

Not being able to be 820 miles north of here for my Mom this past Sunday was tough. I think it will have been tougher than this upcoming Father's Day, ... at least that is my initial thoughts. Thankfully my best friend of almost twenty-five years, his wife, & three daughters, stopped by Sunday with some flowers for Mom ... I made it to where I called just as they were pulling into the driveway so I could talk to her. Being an only child, JJ is clearly like a brother to me, & a second son to her, & the girls mean so much to her as well.

Ah, s#!t ... I did not realize I got to rambling this much ... my fingers go to slammin' the keys again. Ugh.

Be good, folks ... :hi:

I dont think anyone is ever ready. The main thing I believe is to remember all the good times spent together. There are some out there that never get to know a parent due to death or other circumstances. Personally I lost my dad when I was 10, it was sudden and not expected. I know I missed out on a lot growing up but mom did the best she could with what she had to work with. The good times are what matters, remember those fondly and be glad you got the time with him you did. Like most everything it gets a little easier as time goes on.

Your 100% correct, the people on this forum are amazing and Im glad to be a member here.

I really do not want to bring this to the top, but I know this will do it anyhow.

Nonetheless, I feel I must let the good folks here know I did receive the IH bag @Dyeraudio offered ... ... & only a couple weeks ago I was contacted by @TheWannaBe about having an extra/spare Skull display piece.

I offered money for both, but neither Scott nor Sam even thought of accepting a thing from me ... except hopefully a favor in kind in the future, which I think about how I can repay daily.

You folks here on OF are amazing. The best on any Forum I am on, & I am on auto forums, tech ones, handguns, car audio, music band-centric, & many others ... none compare.

Thank you.

PS: I suppose this would be the best time to thank you all for the kind words here in this Thread, my Inbox, personal e-Mail that some have, TXTs, & even a phone call that I have received about the passing of my Dad ... Pop.

I guess every child is meant to go through it, but is there ever really a "right time"? Can you ever possibly be prepared for it? Even if the situation is one that you see it coming down the line, there is still that exact moment of ... *poof* ... they are gone. Someone, for most, who has been there your whole life, ... before you remember a thing, they made sure you got to three-years-old or so where you did start to remember, realize your immediate surroundings. I do not know one instance where a child feels completely at ease with the time they had with their parent ... where they had no regrets, where every moment they ever wanted to spend with said parent was fulfilled ... it is just not possible. The times you wish you had back, the times you wish were longer, the times you wish you created to begin with to have back or to have made longer.

Not being able to be 820 miles north of here for my Mom this past Sunday was tough. I think it will have been tougher than this upcoming Father's Day, ... at least that is my initial thoughts. Thankfully my best friend of almost twenty-five years, his wife, & three daughters, stopped by Sunday with some flowers for Mom ... I made it to where I called just as they were pulling into the driveway so I could talk to her. Being an only child, JJ is clearly like a brother to me, & a second son to her, & the girls mean so much to her as well.

Ah, s#!t ... I did not realize I got to rambling this much ... my fingers go to slammin' the keys again. Ugh.

Be good, folks ... :hi:

This may be a bit corny but there's a song about the subject that has always stuck with me from my childhood. It's called My Father's Chair; here's the lyrics:

My father's chair's still standing there
All alone since the long night
Now it's three years on and I still feel
He'll come home, we'll be alright
So where's this healing time brings
I was told the pain would ease
But it still hurts like the first night

That night my brother, my mother and I
Were looking up at a distant star
And wishing we could reach that far
And back in the house
And alone for the first time
We told each other we cared
And we avoided my father's chair

I watch my family, we hold on
We are strong and we'll be alright
The clock continues counting down all the while
And every child will share the long night
But do the spirits meet again
Why am I still so filled with doubt
Is my soul everlasting

In the far distant future
When I knew you'd be gone
Came too fast and stays too long
Why do they leave the weak of spirit
And take the strong

When the world turns sour
And I get sick from the smell
And I can find no comfort there
I climb into my father's chair

First just want you to know I am very sorry for your loss. I am a little behind on seeing this thread since the passing.
My prayers go out to you and your family.
I completely understand when you talk about distance of family members. I am 2,000 miles from mine and birthdays and holidays can be tough.
I was just back in Ohio for 9 days and spent time with the family. It meant so much to me and I cherish those times.
Stay strong and keep them close in your heart.
All my best!!!

I dont think anyone is ever ready. The main thing I believe is to remember all the good times spent together. There are some out there that never get to know a parent due to death or other circumstances. Personally I lost my dad when I was 10, it was sudden and not expected. I know I missed out on a lot growing up but mom did the best she could with what she had to work with. The good times are what matters, remember those fondly and be glad you got the time with him you did. Like most everything it gets a little easier as time goes on.

Your 100% correct, the people on this forum are amazing and Im glad to be a member here.

Thanks for the share & support, GRF. This past weekend was taylor made for your Mom.

This may be a bit corny but there's a song about the subject that has always stuck with me from my childhood. It's called My Father's Chair; here's the lyrics:

My father's chair's still standing there
All alone since the long night
Now it's three years on and I still feel
He'll come home, we'll be alright
So where's this healing time brings
I was told the pain would ease
But it still hurts like the first night

That night my brother, my mother and I
Were looking up at a distant star
And wishing we could reach that far
And back in the house
And alone for the first time
We told each other we cared
And we avoided my father's chair

I watch my family, we hold on
We are strong and we'll be alright
The clock continues counting down all the while
And every child will share the long night
But do the spirits meet again
Why am I still so filled with doubt
Is my soul everlasting

In the far distant future
When I knew you'd be gone
Came too fast and stays too long
Why do they leave the weak of spirit
And take the strong

When the world turns sour
And I get sick from the smell
And I can find no comfort there
I climb into my father's chair

That was nice, Kronin ... & here I thought he only cared about Jesse's Girl.

Eh, gallows humor ... life is nothing without it.

First just want you to know I am very sorry for your loss. I am a little behind on seeing this thread since the passing.
My prayers go out to you and your family.
I completely understand when you talk about distance of family members. I am 2,000 miles from mine and birthdays and holidays can be tough.
I was just back in Ohio for 9 days and spent time with the family. It meant so much to me and I cherish those times.
Stay strong and keep them close in your heart.
All my best!!!

Thank you, Sir.

I got here for the giveaway
and honestly I wasn't expecting what I just read
sorry for your loss dude :(

Back