• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My very first case! And my second, with lights!

Solomon_Denali

I should work for M-EXPERIMENT
Premium Member
Picked up a cube from a cool fella off the old Craigslist. Barely houses my small collection but I'll manage until I find a countertop.
IMG_20200320_160935256.jpg

Very nice pickup. Please keep these in mind, I believe you already know some though...

The Law of Oakley Cases #1

The Oakley case you get first will automatically be too small to fit what you already own and wish to display, You found it and settled for it just to have one and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

The Law of Oakley Cases #2

The great deal on your subsequent case (Or cases) will be a source of great happiness. It will be fleeting, however, because your collection will grow to overflow it in a very short time. There is also nothing wrong with that either, it's keeping you off the streets.

The Law of Oakley Cases #3

When you get to between Cases #3 and Cases #5, you will realize you don't have enough space in your current home to properly display them. Properly doesn't mean in a corner of the basement or garage where you have to walk someone to after seeing your first few displays, explaining to them on the way why they're not all together.
This will become an issue and cause you to re-examine your life priorities.

The Law of Oakley Cases #4

The impasse. You cannot move forward with displaying your new acquisitions. There is simply not enough space. In fact, you have "Old" stuff that you rotate in and out of your cases just so you can see and remember it. You will store boxes and bags and other O stuff because you are trying to cram as many pairs and "Essential" accessories and schwag in your existing display space.

There are a few more Case Laws, but I am rambling now and didn't mean to hijack your thread. Perhaps another time I'll do a separate thread...

Enjoy your case!!

Very nice pickup. Please keep these in mind, I believe you already know some though...

The Law of Oakley Cases #1

The Oakley case you get first will automatically be too small to fit what you already own and wish to display, You found it and settled for it just to have one and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

The Law of Oakley Cases #2

The great deal on your subsequent case (Or cases) will be a source of great happiness. It will be fleeting, however, because your collection will grow to overflow it in a very short time. There is also nothing wrong with that either, it's keeping you off the streets.

The Law of Oakley Cases #3

When you get to between Cases #3 and Cases #5, you will realize you don't have enough space in your current home to properly display them. Properly doesn't mean in a corner of the basement or garage where you have to walk someone to after seeing your first few displays, explaining to them on the way why they're not all together.
This will become an issue and cause you to re-examine your life priorities.

The Law of Oakley Cases #4

The impasse. You cannot move forward with displaying your new acquisitions. There is simply not enough space. In fact, you have "Old" stuff that you rotate in and out of your cases just so you can see and remember it. You will store boxes and bags and other O stuff because you are trying to cram as many pairs and "Essential" accessories and schwag in your existing display space.

There are a few more Case Laws, but I am rambling now and didn't mean to hijack your thread. Perhaps another time I'll do a separate thread...

Enjoy your case!!
This is great advise!

This is great advise!
All very solid points. I definitely realize that more is to come in the future. I thought I was strong enough to resist guys. But I now know the force is strong with the x-metals.
I do wear each of those pairs , some more than others of course. But a countertop is in the foreseeable future if I can cop one for a decent song. Cheers all.

Back