• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

NEED HELP: How to install brand-new Unobtanium Earsocks on Juliet without hurting myself?

V1P3R_Z029

Oakley Beginner
So, I recently purchased a set of brand-new authentic Oakley Juliet Earsocks Replacement.

The issue with my currently used earsocks: They keep rotating on the earstem because the rubber has 'melted/oiled up or something (leaving some yellow residue everytime I wiped it).

I'm trying to install the new earsocks but IT'S SO DIFFICULT TO PUT IT THROUGH THE EARSTEM. My fingers are still in pain over the last 12 hours from trying to 'twist in' and wiggle the rubber earsock into the earstem shaft, but it's only moving by micro-inches and I think I've hurt myself more than I should.

Can anybody recommend me a more efficient, safer & suitable way to install the new earsocks easily?
NOTE: If it involves lubrication, I'm afraid it would only be repeating the same issue from my currently-installed earsocks. :(

Juliet Earsock Installation 1.jpgJuliet Earsock Installation 2.jpgJuliet Earsock Installation 3.jpg

Some will argue but I found that gorilla glue will keep them from rotating when they get some wear on them. When you need to change them the glue will peel off the arms without any harm to the frames. all you need to do is dab a bit on the arms and slide the new rubber on and wipe off the excess and let em sit for an hour. I've had the same set of ear stem rubber on my daily pair for 4 years ....no problems

Some will argue but I found that gorilla glue will keep them from rotating when they get some wear on them. When you need to change them the glue will peel off the arms without any harm to the frames. all you need to do is dab a bit on the arms and slide the new rubber on and wipe off the excess and let em sit for an hour. I've had the same set of ear stem rubber on my daily pair for 4 years ....no problems

Ballsy.

Back