• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Take a couple more different angle pics. Trying to figure out what the colorway is.
I think they are an "Oakley Vault Exclusive" (i.e. they were sold exclusively through the by now defunct Oakley Vault website, which was the separate outlet web shop of Oakley) colorway: Matte Black - Bronze. I had the same pair (the Oakley Vault sold it for a bargain price of ~50 bucks). It was, in fact, a retro reissue of the old (pre-2007) Straight Jackets, which was called "New Straight Jacket" (followed by the 2007 Straight Jacket II). The Vault re-issued them in the single colorway quite a few years after the NSJ was discontinued (I believe I bought my pair in 2011 or so). I've sold them, but iirc, they had no SKU nr on the stems

I think they are an "Oakley Vault Exclusive" (i.e. they were sold exclusively through the by now defunct Oakley Vault website, which was the separate outlet web shop of Oakley) colorway: Matte Black - Bronze. I had the same pair (the Oakley Vault sold it for a bargain price of ~50 bucks). It was, in fact, a retro reissue of the old (pre-2007) Straight Jackets, which was called "New Straight Jacket" (followed by the 2007 Straight Jacket II). The Vault re-issued them in the single colorway quite a few years after the NSJ was discontinued (I believe I bought my pair in 2011 or so). I've sold them, but iirc, they had no SKU nr on the stems

None of the New Straight Jackets have a sku on the stem.

Yes correct about them being reissued later. They came in the white box with black logo unlike the earlier NSJs that came in the black box with the wrap around picture of an NSJ on it.

20190526_211154.jpg

None of the New Straight Jackets have a sku on the stem.

Yes correct about them being reissued later. They came in the white box with black logo unlike the earlier NSJs that came in the black box with the wrap around picture of an NSJ on it.

View attachment 622599
Oh, I've only had SJIIs, no other NSJs (except this special reissue). I preferred the original Twenty to the NSJ back in the day.

Thanks for all the discussion. I bought them many years ago at a sporting goods store. I do not recall the color of the box. The reason for my interest in identifying the model is they need new temple socks. They are starting to split. Though I have another pair of Oakleys (s1 M frame), I still like the old pair.

Back