• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
OMG!!! Thx!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† These were the best for my eyes at the beach in bright sun all day. My new ones arenโ€™t as great for function, but cute! Are there better lenses for sun sensitive eyes? Thank you again ๐Ÿฅฐ
You are welcome! Yeah like Flip said, the polarized version of that lens might be even better for your eyes.

You are welcome! Yeah like Flip said, the polarized version of that lens might be even better for your eyes.
My lost sunglasses I liked were Prizm & new are polarized. The polarized are a blue reflective tho. Maybe the blue color lens changes things?

43752554-7756-467A-B290-8E20ED52A8A8.jpeg

My lost sunglasses I liked were Prizm & new are polarized. The polarized are a blue reflective tho. Maybe the blue color lens changes things?

View attachment 895977
Yeah those lenses are probably Sapphire polarized (non-prizm). They are not as dark as your old Prizm Black lenses meaning they have a higher light transmission. Also, that matte clear frame probably lets more light in on the side vs your old matte tortoise frame. Those two reasons are probably why youโ€™re having trouble with the new glasses.

FYI, the Prizm part is just Oakleyโ€™s new lens tech that is basically just supposed to increase contrast. The polarization is a filter inside the lens that helps reduce glare. You can get Prizm polarized lenses. For example, you can get Prizm Black polarized lenses that might be worth trying.

Yeah those lenses are probably Sapphire polarized (non-prizm). They are not as dark as your old Prizm Black lenses meaning they have a higher light transmission. Also, that matte clear frame probably lets more light in on the side vs your old matte tortoise frame. Those two reasons are probably why youโ€™re having trouble with the new glasses.

FYI, the Prizm part is just Oakleyโ€™s new lens tech that is basically just supposed to increase contrast. The polarization is a filter inside the lens that helps reduce glare. You can get Prizm polarized lenses. For example, you can get Prizm Black polarized lenses that might be worth trying.
Thank you so much! I was just looking at my different options on Oakley website. I was thinking about getting clear frames & now I wonโ€™t! This has been a huge help I truly appreciate it :)

Thank you so much! I was just looking at my different options on Oakley website. I was thinking about getting clear frames & now I wonโ€™t! This has been a huge help I truly appreciate it :)
You are very welcome, glad to help!

I need some help identifying my frames. I though they were scars but the lenses are slightly different. They look more like straight jacket lenses in a scar frame. Made in USA on right temple arm, no marking on left. I have had them for over 20 years. Was trying to buy some new lenses. My lenses on top, scar on bottom. Thanks!

PXL_20210830_232514298.jpg

PXL_20210831_202125414.jpg

PXL_20210831_202120686.jpg

I need some help identifying my frames. I though they were scars but the lenses are slightly different. They look more like straight jacket lenses in a scar frame. Made in USA on right temple arm, no marking on left. I have had them for over 20 years. Was trying to buy some new lenses. My lenses on top, scar on bottom. Thanks!

View attachment 896529

View attachment 896531

View attachment 896533
Valve Gen.1

Latest Posts

Back