• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New and obsessed with Oakley

gensoft

Oakley Beginner
Hi all

I recently got into Oakley about a month and a half ago and I became instantly hooked. I already bought four pairs of sunglasses plus the famed Oakley Flesh in the tan colorway. The vintage stuff is what really pulls me in. I love the wire styles and the older o-matters. The early oakley stuff is so interesting to me and I really enjoy the design aspects of it all, a lot of the styles feel super nostalgic but seemingly still relevant and wearable. I've been able to get into the whole brand thanks to all the people who documented and archived the history, makes it all relatively accessible! Anyways one of my hunts that I'm on at the moment is to find a pair of WHY3 with the ruby clear iridium lenses. The VR50 emerald iridium also sounds amazing, but haven't seen actual pictures of it, love the sound of it though..

Hi all

I recently got into Oakley about a month and a half ago and I became instantly hooked. I already bought four pairs of sunglasses plus the famed Oakley Flesh in the tan colorway. The vintage stuff is what really pulls me in. I love the wire styles and the older o-matters. The early oakley stuff is so interesting to me and I really enjoy the design aspects of it all, a lot of the styles feel super nostalgic but seemingly still relevant and wearable. I've been able to get into the whole brand thanks to all the people who documented and archived the history, makes it all relatively accessible! Anyways one of my hunts that I'm on at the moment is to find a pair of WHY3 with the ruby clear iridium lenses. The VR50 emerald iridium also sounds amazing, but haven't seen actual pictures of it, love the sound of it though..
Welcome Home.... You are amongst your kind now....
welcome.gif

Hi all

I recently got into Oakley about a month and a half ago and I became instantly hooked. I already bought four pairs of sunglasses plus the famed Oakley Flesh in the tan colorway. The vintage stuff is what really pulls me in. I love the wire styles and the older o-matters. The early oakley stuff is so interesting to me and I really enjoy the design aspects of it all, a lot of the styles feel super nostalgic but seemingly still relevant and wearable. I've been able to get into the whole brand thanks to all the people who documented and archived the history, makes it all relatively accessible! Anyways one of my hunts that I'm on at the moment is to find a pair of WHY3 with the ruby clear iridium lenses. The VR50 emerald iridium also sounds amazing, but haven't seen actual pictures of it, love the sound of it

Hi all

Good luck! The addiction is real

Greetings.

20220613_102050.jpg

You mean these United Kingdom Only Specials.....above, the Ruby Clear Iridium, below are V50 Emerald.

p?family_path=Wire&image=Why3_Titanium_VR50Emerald.jpg

Frame: Titanium Lens 4
Lens: VR50 Emerald Iridium
Family: Wire
SKU: 05-859
Date: 2002-2003

1655118497543.png

Picture courtesy #MichaS, who'm amongst all the members of O-Reveiw, was the only owner of this colourway. You've got a real Grail quest here, my friend.

Last edited:
Back