• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Feature: Oakley Forum News

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
We've just rolled out a brand new feature - Oakley Forum News. This news page will seamlessly integrate with the forum, and will allow us to feature great Tips, Tricks and Guides; in addition to covering New Releases and Oakley News!

Link: Oakley Forum

You'll notice that "Articles" featured will link directly to the correlating thread. The thread will have a more "article" based view, highlighting the first post. As you click through the pages of replies ("Comments") , you'll notice the first, main post will still show at the top of the page.

Very excited to be able to highlight our best threads! As always looking forward to hearing your feedback and any suggestions!

As part of this new feature, OF News will be replacing the now defunct "Blogs" feature. We will give everyone a few days to save any information from the Blogs that they wish, then they will be permanently deleted.

How do threads get put on the news page? Is it mod manual selection or some sort of automated metric?

Manual for now to keep it under control, I think automated will end up bloating the page. Would like to keep it quality news, guides, reviews etc.

If anyones interested in writing an "article", feel free to just create a thread, and shoot me a PM with the link, and we'll look at putting it on the news page.

@OakleyBoss could you please change the order of the banner so "News" is before "Forums", as "Blogs" used to be? The new positioning of the "Forums" banner link is throwing off my mouse clicks...

Also the "quick links" under the "News" banner link seem to be "Forums" related; don't know if that's on purpose or not...

NEWS.png

@OakleyBoss could you please change the order of the banner so "News" is before "Forums", as "Blogs" used to be? The new positioning of the "Forums" banner link is throwing off my mouse clicks...

Hmm, interesting thought - Blogs I believe was always at the end, but previously the "Home" button was at the start, and forums was where "News" is.

Also the "quick links" under the "News" banner link seem to be "Forums" related; don't know if that's on purpose or not...

View attachment 223005

Yeah, threw those in for now, will work on building out a further news related menu going forward

Back