• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley Forum Design FAQ / Questions / Comments!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Some of you may have noticed the new site design which we're calling Oakley Forum 2.0 here. Created this thread as an FAQ plus to answer any questions / identify any bugs. Common questions below, plus some new feature highlights. Overall the new site is faster, leaner and MUCH BETTER on mobile! As always, let us know your thoughts, what we can do better and if you spot any bugs.

1. What's new?
This update primarily will drive enhanced mobile usability, overall speed and user experience. Top enhancements you'll notice include the full length footer with quick links and sticky navigation bar that follows where you scroll.

2. Is there a dark version of this theme?
Yes, for all vampires you can switch to "Oakley Forum 2.0 Dark" by simply clicking the text in the bottom left corner that says "Oakley Forum 2.0" with the paintbrush next to it. Screenshot below:
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.42.48 PM.png

3. Can I switch back to the old look?
Yes, for everyone trying to kick it old school you can switch to "Retro: Oakley Forum" or "Retro:Oakley Forum Dark" by simply clicking the text in the bottom left corner that says "Oakley Forum 2.0" with the paintbrush next to it. Screenshot above.

We still have some additional enhancements in the pipeline, but are always looking to hear more. Feel free to post enhancement ideas you have.

Some of you may have noticed the new site design which we're calling Oakley Forum 2.0 here. Created this thread as an FAQ plus to answer any questions / identify any bugs. Common questions below, plus some new feature highlights. Overall the new site is faster, leaner and MUCH BETTER on mobile! As always, let us know your thoughts, what we can do better and if you spot any bugs.

1. What's new?
This update primarily will drive enhanced mobile usability, overall speed and user experience. Top enhancements you'll notice include the full length footer with quick links and sticky navigation bar that follows where you scroll.

2. Is there a dark version of this theme?
Yes, for all vampires you can switch to "Oakley Forum 2.0 Dark" by simply clicking the text in the bottom left corner that says "Oakley Forum 2.0" with the paintbrush next to it. Screenshot below:
View attachment 556419

3. Can I switch back to the old look?
Yes, for everyone trying to kick it old school you can switch to "Retro: Oakley Forum" or "Retro:Oakley Forum Dark" by simply clicking the text in the bottom left corner that says "Oakley Forum 2.0" with the paintbrush next to it. Screenshot above.

We still have some additional enhancements in the pipeline, but are always looking to hear more. Feel free to post enhancement ideas you have.

I switched too the 2.0 black and I have adds now, Is there away to block the adds

Thanks

Looks good! But I remember paying for the premium membership where it said I was not supposed to see ads? I think this is just a bug that can be easily fixed, I just thought I should mention it.

I like it! :)

I see nothing different at all. Didn’t you try this before?

If you've switched styles before (likely), it will default to the old style as your preference (so that you don't have to switch back every time you login). If you want to check out the new style, you can follow the instructions on the first post (but select "Oakley Forum 2.0" instead).

Also no harm in staying on the old one. It's not going anywhere, and we're not forcing anyone off. All about everyones preferences - I really prefer the new design on mobile - used to have a ton of fat fingers on the old one.

Back