• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Released in 2019, the Oakley Gibston sunglasses are a no-frills performance lifestyle frame with the best Oakley technology. Keep reading for our complete Oakley Gibston review to find out how this frame stands up to everyday life.

Oakley Gibston Sunglasses Review
Frame and Design
We got our hands on a pair of Polished Clear Gibston sunglasses with Sapphire Iridium Lenses. And overall we were not disappointed. But this pair still might not be for everyone. Keep reading to find out why.
First, the Gibston sunglasses feature a full-frame rectangular design, with a large wrap. The outside lower corners of the frame feature distinct angles giving the edges added height. This design is basic and definitely won’t turn any heads walking down the street, which has its pros and cons.
Oakley markets the sunglasses as “hat compatible”, but we haven’t had too many issues in this department in the past. Overall we’d chalk that “feature” up to smart marketing more than the next...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Just saw these appear on Oakley.com. The Gibston looks like a more wrapped Sylas with less taller lenses: https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9449

The description from Oakley.com:
"Wrapped in style, Gibston is the latest high-wrap frame from Oakley®. The modern frame design offers full protection loaded with features that perform."

Let me know what you think about these new Oakleys. I think they are nothing really special, but I think they will fit a lot of people out there with their wrapped design. Enough colors to choose from.

These are the colors:

Polished Black with Prizm Grey

Polished Rootbeer with Prizm Bronze

Matte Black with Prizm Black

Polished Clear with Prizm Sapphire

Black Ink with Prizm Ruby Polarized

And Matte Black with Prizm Black Polarized

main_oo9449-0260_gibston_polished-rootbeer-prizm-bronze_010_170283_png_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just saw these appear on Oakley.com. The Gibston looks like a more wrapped Sylas with less taller lenses: https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9449

The description from Oakley.com:
"Wrapped in style, Gibston is the latest high-wrap frame from Oakley®. The modern frame design offers full protection loaded with features that perform."

Let me know what you think about these new Oakleys. I think they are nothing really special, but I think they will fit a lot of people out there with their wrapped design. Enough colors to choose from.

These are the colors:

Polished Black with Prizm Grey
View attachment 653008
View attachment 653009

Polished Rootbeer with Prizm Bronze
View attachment 653010
View attachment 653012

Matte Black with Prizm Black
View attachment 653013
View attachment 653014

Polished Clear with Prizm Sapphire
View attachment 653015
View attachment 653016

Black Ink with Prizm Ruby Polarized
View attachment 653017
View attachment 653018

And Matte Black with Prizm Black Polarized
View attachment 653019
View attachment 653021

View attachment 653011

Nothing new to us. They've been on our exchange for months.

If they did unique color ways they may have made it exciting... like matte clear or the shadow camo, chrome would b cool too. They just turned into a manufacturing plant and less of an innovative business.

I’m really not too thrilled by any of Oakley’s more mainstream new offerings. The only thing they need to do to get me to buy a new pair similar to what they are doing now is update the Holbrook with the oval ellipsis icon like they’ve done with the Holbrook metal. For that matter I tried on nearly every Oakley offering a couple days ago and while most seemed nice I was happy walking out with my same matte black Holbrooks. I just wasn’t thrilled by anything new and I was prepared to buy if I saw something I liked. I went both to the Oakley Vault and Sunglass Hut and was more swayed by a couple of Maui Jim’s. I will say the M2s are very comfortable but they just lack the smooth style of the previous M Frame.

Latest Posts

Back