• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Old X-Metal Stock(?)

There is a guy that's been trying to sell me a Juliet Ducati without the proof of a Serial No. on the left arm.
He is telling me that his sister was working for Oakley in Paris and during to turmoil/takeover 2007 employe's where able to take any Oakley the want.
He is trying to tell me the frame is some kind of Prototype/Sample Frame and has no Serial.
The Frame has red rubber and the left lens has Ducati on it.
But no prove of Serial No.
So was there ever an legit Juliet Ducati Frame without a Laser Serial No.?
But why would Oakley employe's in Paris have access the unfinished Frames?

View attachment 711085
Actually, that’s totally fine. There were Ducatis produced during the fourth gen with no serials (in carbon, not in x-metal). Lots of them. The later ones even came in the three-piece box.

It does beg the question why they came up with a story about prototypes though.

There was an opticians in London who had some new old stock X-metals but, like everyone these days, they knew they what they had and the prices were high. High enough for me to say... **** that.

Actually, that’s totally fine. There were Ducatis produced during the fourth gen with no serials (in carbon, not in x-metal). Lots of them. The later ones even came in the three-piece box.

It does beg the question why they came up with a story about prototypes though.
The story the seller tried to tell me was translated from french to german.
So it could have some room for interpretation or mistake.
But he is still asking €270,- for a bare Frame with no Ducati markings.

Back