• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to the Watch Game / MM Questions

Thanks everyone for their responses, especially @mustangjt for the info on the Ronda 5040.B . That allowed me to do some searching.

So this is what have done the past week. I purchased a second MM with TI band and I took it all apart last night and cleaned and polished each link. Put it all back together today.

A couple more questions.

First, when I reassembled the band I was tightening one of the screws and the screw head completely snapped off. :eek: So now I have a stuck screw. Is this a common occurrence with these bands or do I just have bad luck. I am not sure how of if I can recover from this, but my guess is it would have to be drilled out or something similar if I needed to replace that link, and the link would be ruined.

Second, the other MM I purchased is completely working, and I actually like the face on it more than the other one. So here comes my question on selling. If I sell the extra watch face, which works other than the broken day indicator, should I sell it as is, or should I repair it and then sell it? In other words, if I spend $200 on repairs, will I even make that back if I had just sold it broken?

Finally, is there a good place to get the black movement? I only found a couple on Ebay for about $100, but didn't see them any other place. All websites I found had the white ones.

Thanks for the help everyone, I have been wearing my watch most of the day and love it so far!
I lost a screw to my TT band, it has a HEX head and would like to replace if I can find one, any luck on yours? I used a screw from the extended link for now.

Honestly the replacement screw is the least of my concern at this point... I am not sure this screw can be removed at this point, and of all places it got stuck in the link that joins the band to the watch.

dangit.jpg

Have you tried taking the screw out from the other side? With the head gone, the link may be removable. With the washer out of the way, you may be able to get some needle nose pliers on the protruding bit....

If I could get to the protruding bit I think I could get it out..... but I am not sure how to get the washer out. With the washer in as it is right now, there is no room for any kind of pliers. If you have ideas on how to get the washer out I would love to know.

If I could get to the protruding bit I think I could get it out..... but I am not sure how to get the washer out. With the washer in as it is right now, there is no room for any kind of pliers. If you have ideas on how to get the washer out I would love to know.

Only way to remove that is through what @TheDukeOfIce mentioned above.

So it’s safe to say one with the first version of the watch face could also be a Minute Machine, but not visa versa. It sounded like a good story. :) Thanks for the clarification.

Only a real “Time Tank” can be validated with original packaging.

View attachment 688362
Good morning all!! I have a question about the Oakley 10-193 O MM Titanium Time Tank Watch w/Black Dial that I purchased brand new back on 7.12.2009 from an Oakley O Store here in CA. I had the watch band replaced back in 2016 and spent a little over $700.00 for a new titanium band. I just lost one of the hex head screws and plastic washer/disc and need to purchase some replacement screws and washer/disc. Is there someone out there that sells these replacement screws? I had 4 spare links from when I bought the watch originally but have misplaced them after several moves. Can you help guide me in the right direction?

O MM Titanium back plate.jpg

O MM Titanium band (02).jpg

O MM Titanium face.jpg

O MM Titanium watch.jpg

Oakley MM Titanium band(01).jpg

Last edited:
I’ll chime in here. The movement itself needs replacement . The movement can be sourced for around 75-110$ usd

Any competent jeweler should be able to swap it out for less then 100$ IMO. Mine personally charges me next to nothing.

Should be looking to spend around 200$.

I agree with @oakman1992 buying a band might be tough to source. The price you would likely pay should be around 500-550.

If you shoot me a PM. I might be able to help ya out.

Cheers buddy

Hi Steven. The site won't allow me to respond to the message you sent me with regards to the washers and screws for my Titanium Time Tank. I can be reached at jim.m.harrington at gmail dot com. I'm looking to purchase possibly 5-6 washers and 5-6 screws depending on the cost for each. let me know. I've attached a couple pics of my watch.

O MM Titanium face.jpg

O MM Titanium watch.jpg

O MM Titanium back plate.jpg

Oakley MM Titanium band(01).jpg

Hi Steven. The site won't allow me to respond to the message you sent me with regards to the washers and screws for my Titanium Time Tank. I can be reached at jim.m.harrington at gmail dot com. I'm looking to purchase possibly 5-6 washers and 5-6 screws depending on the cost for each. let me know. I've attached a couple pics of my watch.

View attachment 710955

View attachment 710956

View attachment 710957

View attachment 710958

gotcha. I have links and screws only. Washers I’m tapped out as well

Latest Posts

Back