• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to the x metal game

Hamms

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello everyone. First post. New member.

A little back story. An old buddy of mine had (still has) three pairs of Juliet’s. He old me the whole story of how they were made and within the Oakley world how special they were.

With that being said I always wanted to own a pair but never was able to have the means to spend so much on a pair of sun glasses.

Now I am able to have the means to purchase my first pair. The first was the Juliet’s. Came with soft case only.

Not two weeks later I had the chance to acquire a pair of x squared. Which I took. Within the month I have become the proud owner of two pairs of x metals.

With that being said I now have the chance to purchase a pair of x half’s. What is everyones opinion of price for them. Just frames and lenses. Nothing less. Nothing more.

C2593DCC-7B95-445C-ABA5-868921A58EE2.jpeg

With that being said I also have a standing ovation for another pair of Juliet’s. Which would be better? Half’s or Juliet’s. I know half’s were the “step child’s” of the xmetal line but need good opinions

Congratulations on acquiring your first x metals. If you’re not careful you’ll catch the “metal bug” and before you know it you’ll have 20 pairs and a negative bank balance.

The market here basically stays around the same from what I’ve experienced, depending on the pair.

I enjoy my Half X but if I had to choose between them and a Juliet I would go with the Juliet hands down.

Wear them, enjoy them, that’s what they were made for.

Congrats!

Half X is an underrated frame. I defiently recommended getting a set. I love them for casual wear. Just make sure there is no spring issues. If it doesn’t have lenses and it’s in mint condition don’t spend more than $200.

Juliet’s are my favorite frame. If you like the smaller frames I recommend to try a penny one day to. What type of Juliet are you considering buying?

Congratulations on acquiring your first x metals. If you’re not careful you’ll catch the “metal bug” and before you know it you’ll have 20 pairs and a negative bank balance.

The market here basically stays around the same from what I’ve experienced, depending on the pair.

I enjoy my Half X but if I had to choose between them and a Juliet I would go with the Juliet hands down.

Only 20?

I hate to say it but I think the bug has bit me more like a tick. Latched on and not going anywhere lol. I have a couple frames within the x metal line I like. (Not all. Only half of them). I d like a pair of romeo 2s. Xx. And maybe half x’s. Those are the only one I feel look right with my eye cavity. Which all mine won’t be everyday wear but will be worn for sure. Thank you for the welcome

Congrats!

Half X is an underrated frame. I defiently recommended getting a set. I love them for casual wear. Just make sure there is no spring issues. If it doesn’t have lenses and it’s in mint condition don’t spend more than $200.

Juliet’s are my favorite frame. If you like the smaller frames I recommend to try a penny one day to. What type of Juliet are you considering buying?

Latest Posts

Back