• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Troy Lee Designs Sutro and Holbrook

Can anyone comment on the quality of the lenses in the Holbrooks? Anyone know why they don't offer a Polarized option. I like the green/purple look, but would much prefer polarized lenses (at least normally, I don't have a pair of Holbrooks with Prizm lenses, maybe Prizm is enough?). Thanks!

Can anyone comment on the quality of the lenses in the Holbrooks? Anyone know why they don't offer a Polarized option. I like the green/purple look, but would much prefer polarized lenses (at least normally, I don't have a pair of Holbrooks with Prizm lenses, maybe Prizm is enough?). Thanks!

They’re good

They are probably not polarized because of the collaboration with Troy Lee. Polarization is known to effect depth perception. Motocross and mountain bike glasses or goggles don't get polarized for that reason. Same as glasses for any sports involved with hitting, catching, or throwing balls of any sort. That is why Prizm Road, Field, ect... aren't polarized.

They are probably not polarized because of the collaboration with Troy Lee. Polarization is known to effect depth perception. Motocross and mountain bike glasses or goggles don't get polarized for that reason. Same as glasses for any sports involved with hitting, catching, or throwing balls of any sort. That is why Prizm Road, Field, ect... aren't polarized.
Thanks, this makes sense. I asked because I see there's polarized prizm too, including in this color lens. I ordered a pair to try, hope they work well, they look great to me.

I loved this collaboration, I just had to get them all!

69125FE9-CFF7-4EE2-996B-459B021DFEE5.jpeg

F61D127F-CB31-4735-B2B4-C54B930A996C.jpeg

IMG_7514[1].JPG

Both TLD edition Holbrooks arrived and I couldn't be happier with them! The color shift frames both look fantastic. I debated swapping the Ruby Alt Iridium lens in the red/gold pair for a Prizm Ruby lens to match the TLD Sutro, but ended up scoring a pair of polarized 24K lenses from the MotoGP edition Holbrook. I think the 24K lenses compliment the frame color and I also like the moto theme tie-in between TLD and MotoGP!