• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newegg? Legit?

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Was looking around 6pm and spotted a great pair to reflect my excitement for my NL 1st place Colorado Rockies! (#RoxWinNLwestONEtime)...

artsfon.com-82810.jpg

I digress...

Anyway, located this Black Ink/Violet Polarized pair of Enduros on 6pm for $89.99. Am strongly considering purchasing, so went to check out frame/lens specs. When I googled the model #/went to the Oakley site to look at the Enduro specs, I inadvertently saw an advertisement for Newegg w the same pair for $64.99.

Enduro - Black Ink - Violet Irid Polarized.png

Polarized lenses alone are expensive enough as it is and I can tolerate the view through the Violets well enough (though the view through the lenses is not the primary reason for purchase). I'd pay $64.99 all day for a brand new pair, box and all. Could this be too good to be true?

Was looking around 6pm and spotted a great pair to reflect my excitement for my NL 1st place Colorado Rockies! (#RoxWinNLwestONEtime)...

View attachment 342292

I digress...

Anyway, located this Black Ink/Violet Polarized pair of Enduros on 6pm for $89.99. Am strongly considering purchasing, so went to check out frame/lens specs. When I googled the model #/went to the Oakley site to look at the Enduro specs, I inadvertently saw an advertisement for Newegg w the same pair for $64.99.

Polarized lenses alone are expensive enough as it is and I can tolerate the view through the Violets well enough (though the view through the lenses is not the primary reason for purchase). I'd pay $64.99 all day for a brand new pair, box and all. Could this be too good to be true?
Newegg should be selling legitimate Oakleys.

Newegg isn't the seller, kind of like Amazon.
Here's the sellers profile, I'd probably avoid it.

Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com

Thanks. What's the specific reasons? I definitely see that I'm immediately not a fan of ratio of "5 Egg" and "1 Egg" ratings (from an Amazon buying perspective). What do you see specifically there that makes you want to avoid?

Also, if they're a new pair, what are the worst case scenarios I could be looking at? The "fake" potential? Would they be selling damaged or otherwise sub-par "new" pairs?

Thanks. What's the specific reasons? I definitely see that I'm immediately not a fan of ratio of "5 Egg" and "1 Egg" ratings (from an Amazon buying perspective). What do you see specifically there that makes you want to avoid?

Also, if they're a new pair, what are the worst case scenarios I could be looking at? The "fake" potential? Would they be selling damaged or otherwise sub-par "new" pairs?

I just saw the reviews about trouble with returns, receiving items that weren't new, and having the wrong item delivered. They do have a lot of good ones though.

I just don't like not being able to see the actual item in buying, unless it's with Amazon because I know they will cover me. I don't know how neweggs customer service is or what they will protect you for.

If you're alright with the risk, then go for it
Could be fake, it could have some sctraches and no box, or you might even get a thermostat lol
But it could also be a great deal

Newegg does have a return policy... If it's anything like Amazon, Newegg policy should cover you even if it's a third party seller you're buying from. Check that out also.

I bought an Oakley from the site (from a different seller), and I've had no issues. The third party seller had its own website where they were selling some of everything

Sent from Q's Note5

I've never had an issue buying direct from NE, or returning items to them for that matter. Not sure what risk someone selling through the NE site brings. How much risk are you willing to take for $25? :)

Just an FYI update on this .. I did end up researching the seller and saw they are on ebay as well. They had the same pair there (for $5.00 bucks more). I did go ahead and purchase from this seller - from their ebay store - and all was legit (shipping could have been quicker) but they were BNIB and all. I figured the $5.00 extra ($69.99) was worth being covered under ebay's return policy, which is why I went that route. In retrospect, it stands to reason their Newegg store was probably legit as well (though mileage may have varied on details of transaction - I'm just familiar with ebay and that comfort level was worth the extra $$ for me).

Edit: Pics

20170628_092628.jpg

20170621_150132.jpg

Last edited:
I just saw the reviews about trouble with returns, receiving items that weren't new, and having the wrong item delivered. They do have a lot of good ones though.

I just don't like not being able to see the actual item in buying, unless it's with Amazon because I know they will cover me. I don't know how neweggs customer service is or what they will protect you for.

If you're alright with the risk, then go for it
Could be fake, it could have some sctraches and no box, or you might even get a thermostat lol
But it could also be a great deal from notresponding.us
Hi, I'm planning to buy some PC parts, and the stuff from Newegg is a lot cheaper. They don't have as good reviews as Amazon, so I'm not sure if I should buy from them. If anyone has bought anything from Newegg: - How is the customer service? - Do they actually deliver the stuff you buy? - Is the shipping reliable? - Is their stuff the quality it's supposed to be?

Hi, I'm planning to buy some PC parts, and the stuff from Newegg is a lot cheaper. They don't have as good reviews as Amazon, so I'm not sure if I should buy from them. If anyone has bought anything from Newegg: - How is the customer service? - Do they actually deliver the stuff you buy? - Is the shipping reliable? - Is their stuff the quality it's supposed to be?
Look at the top left corner for the last time someone used this post......