• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

nose bridge repair?

Mine has screws. Not looking good so far.
15852499108148620869135800258579.jpg

Do the bridge/notepad screws screw right into the CF or is there a plate glued to the CF and then the bridge piece screws into that. Anyone have a pair they would remove the bridge piece from the frame to see how it mounts?

Clear epoxy is almost always my go to. Dab a bit of epoxy on the bridge, then clamp it overnight with a 2" spring clamp. JB Putty is another option if you think you might struggle with controlling where the epoxy goes, only drawback to it is it only come in grey as far as I know. JB weld epoxy imo cures faster than gorilla glue version and seems to have a longer working time before it turns to putty consistency, while loctite tends to be sold in a yellow in color so if that's a concern be sure it states dries clear on the package.

If that sounds like it might get too mess for you, look into Zap-A-Gap imo one of the best Cyanoacrylate glues out there comes in 3 viscosities. Can be used with glue looper like this, which will give you a lot of control of where the glue does. They also make an de-glueer formula if you happened to mess up and need to edit undo your mistake.
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.35.34 PM.png

wondering if this was first gen . Maybe they changed the design .
That was the thought I had.

Latest Posts

Back