• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not only new to Oakley, but to 'decent' sunglasses in general

Welcome:) And I’m sorry 😢😂😂😂🥰🥰🥰 Your obsession will only continue to grow as you see your other brothers and sisters expand their collection with wonderful new frames and curious new lenses. I look forward to your journey☺️ As someone once told me when I was a newbie last year “wait until you’ve tried XMETALS”

Great intro, welcome aboard! If you're looking for a bigger frame and like a sport specific model try the EVzeros or Jawbreaker.

Great intro, welcome aboard! If you're looking for a bigger frame and like a sport specific model try the EVzeros or Jawbreaker.
Saw the jawbreakers and not quite sure how that would look on me. They definitely say sports oriented and functional. But that style isn't something I would use that much unless I became much more active.

The EVzeros look nice for coverage but just too loud for me (it's a weird self conscious thing or something about something looking really flashy/trendy).

I am wondering how much whiskers would squeeze on my head if I'm leaning for bigger fit, buy not necessarily bigger lens.

Saw the jawbreakers and not quite sure how that would look on me. They definitely say sports oriented and functional. But that style isn't something I would use that much unless I became much more active.

The EVzeros look nice for coverage but just too loud for me (it's a weird self conscious thing or something about something looking really flashy/trendy).

I am wondering how much whiskers would squeeze on my head if I'm leaning for bigger fit, buy not necessarily bigger lens.
I have never tried on the whiskers before, maybe @WildWires would be able to tell you have the fit is.

I have never tried on the whiskers before, maybe @WildWires would be able to tell you have the fit is.
I actually have an EV Zero, Jawbreaker, and Whisker and can say the whisker actually fits physically similar. The frame has spring hinges so it doesn’t ‘clamp’ on your head, instead the spring hinges hold really well without a lot of pressure.

The lens aren’t very tall which can make them seem a bit smaller, but older oakley wires had this same silhouette so it is kinda a throwback (I’d say try them on before you dismiss them). I have a 7 5/8” head size and the whiskers fit me fine, if you don’t like how small they are the Savitar and Ejector are also great wire frames.

Back