• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nucchem's Collection

weshardeniv

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ashburn, VA
I dont know how you guys get all this stuff. You've got an amazing collection

Time, patience, budgeting/putting money away, luck, holding onto items purchased well before we were a proper "collector", did I mention luck?, keeping an eye out here and the bay, knowing the value trends, being able to spot a good deal, and maybe most importantly developing relationships with other collectors.

Did I miss any?

weshardeniv

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ashburn, VA
Time, patience, budgeting/putting money away, luck, holding onto items purchased well before we were a proper "collector", did I mention luck?, keeping an eye out here and the bay, knowing the value trends, being able to spot a good deal, and maybe most importantly developing relationships with other collectors.

Did I miss anything?
I dont know how you guys get all this stuff. You've got an amazing collection

Like for instance, I have been in hot pursuit of an Aluminum C-Six since about 2017, when I became an active forum member. I was dormant for a while for personal reasons, but did lurk while I was quiet just to keep up on trends. When I came back recently as an active forum participant, struck up a convo with another member whom I've dealt with in the past and caught up on life and what not. In the course of the convo I mentioned that I'm on the look out for a C-Six and he had one he was considering unloading. It was missing the box/number plate, and I told him what I was willing to spend, and we weren't far apart on what he would be willing to part with them for and struck a deal. Now they are practically the only pair I wear haha!