• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

Thx. I would have to find many trashed Dillon lenses to practice on before cutting a brand new set. Dillons are way too expensive to damage them

Honestly they’re easier than cutting Oakley lenses. As long as the bevel is a good depth and the alignment is spot on, as they’re polarized. There’s no nee to use a dremmel at all as they just flake away. The material turns into a weird powder.

Now you just need to find a cutter for them. Do you have one?
A friend has a cutter in Japan, I don’t have the details, but he chopped my R1 and XX lenses, so I might be able send this to him. Gotta get my friend to pass the info first though, plus shipping is going to take ages, us to mex, mex to jpn, jpn to mex... at least a couple of months of waiting

Honestly they’re easier than cutting Oakley lenses. As long as the bevel is a good depth and the alignment is spot on, as they’re polarized. There’s no nee to use a dremmel at all as they just flake away. The material turns into a weird powder.
Sir what did you use for trimming?
I haven’t tried cutting a dillons maybe I would do it in the future.

Finally, here are mine, love the R1, but I’m still not sold on the XX
Question for the old timers, how do you clean these? With the same oakley solition? Any special treatment I need to follow? Thanks in advance
084B1E39-BADC-4A1A-93EF-4BC142CC3118.jpeg

The R1 is black, I wanted to go as Dark as possible with this one, the bug look is awesome lol. Cool on the cleaning side, I’ll keep it up as usual. Final question, do these lenses crack like oem? I’ll still be putting them on/off like goggles, just wondering if these sustain the stress better
Are the ones on the R1 black or silver? The blues are awesome, they grow in you. Plus they look 10 times better when wearing than holding them on your hand, or sitting on a display.

I clean mine exactly the same way I clean Oakley lenses

Latest Posts

Back