cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
IIRC the Dillon PHX & Greasewood would be suitable donors for the MD... cacatman has another list which might be useful for you to determine which Dillon models would be applicable Donors.

Bear in mind though that the lens dimensions are height by width which don't take into account curvature.

Eg. If you are cutting a rectangular lens from a tapered elliptical lens, even though the dimensions seem to fit on paper, in reality, it may not work.

Also bear in mind that Dillon lenses are polarized And therefore, it is imperative that lenses are cut with their "horizons" exactly the same (as the lens you are trying to cut). ie, when cutting, it is inadvisable to change the orientation of the Dillon lens in order to accommodate a specific lens shape for your Oakleys.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

Gabbr

Oakley Beginner
Australia
Bear in mind though that the lens dimensions are height by width which don't take into account curvature.

Eg. If you are cutting a rectangular lens from a tapered elliptical lens, even though the dimensions seem to fit on paper, in reality, it may not work.

Also bear in mind that Dillon lenses are polarized And therefore, it is imperative that lenses are cut with their "horizons" exactly the same (as the lens you are trying to cut). ie, when cutting, it is inadvisable to change the orientation of the Dillon lens in order to accommodate a specific lens shape for your Oakleys.
So would you agree with him that Dillon PHX & Greasewood are suitable donors to MDs?

So would you agree with him that Dillon PHX & Greasewood are suitable donors to MDs?
PHX is for sure an MD donor, but I don't think Greasewood is. PHX has a length of 66mm, and Greasewood is only 62mm. I don't own a Greasewood, and never had, so not 100% sure, but that's my opinion. Also, remember that these lenses are polarized, so based on the shape of Greasewood, makes me think that the angle will not help a cut for MD. I would go with PHX, which is also the ideal donor for PB1.

Last edited:

Gabbr

Oakley Beginner
Australia
PHX is for sure an MD donor, but I don't think Greasewood is. PHX has a length of 66mm, and Greasewood is only 62mm. I don't own a Greasewood, and never had, so not 100%, but that's my opinion. Also, remember that these lenses are polarized, so based on the shape of Greasewood, makes me think that the angle will not help a cut for MD. I would go with PHX, which is also the ideal donor for PB1.

Thank you very much for that clarification, bro! Really helpful! :grin:

Klbtmbx2

Oakley Beginner
Random question, hope someone knows the answer. Is there a difference between regular lenses and "Asian Fit", or are just the frames different? Asking because the only lenses I have found are for regular and mine are Asian fit.

RacingJacketFAN

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
i'm unaware if there was a racing jacket . in asian fit version
i do know we have GEN1 and gen2. Where the lenses are bigger on the 1st version , nevertheless never got any information regarding DIfferent frame sizes

New Threads