• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

Pretty sure the donor list for the EJ 2.0 has some errors. I know for a fact the XX doesnt come close to working and is definitely not the same lens. Pretty sure the Minute wont works either but I have set one on top of it.
Thanks for the clarification.

@hondazcrxsi - do you have a comment or have I misquoted you somehow?

Apologies @SiRacer420. I did a search here and whatsapp and couldn't find where that info come from.

No - Minute 1.0 (@GRFMotorsports, @SiRacer420), Pending clarification - Twenty XX (exactly the same size lens according to @hondazcrxsi. Disputed by @GRFMotorsports)

updated with info from this thread....

Thanks @Chris A Hardaway, @Mike.vanderkoon, @Rhymes & @xmetal40 (O.P.)

Firstly, thank you Mr. List Meister @cacatman for putting in the time and effort to make such a helpful list (as well as the many other lists you've posted)!

Looking at this list, I see the all Oakleys donors for Monster Dog but no Dillons.
I want to know which Dillon frames are best to be lens donors for a future Monster Dog project I have in mind...

Firstly, thank you Mr. List Meister @cacatman for putting in the time and effort to make such a helpful list (as well as the many other lists you've posted)!

Looking at this list, I see the all Oakleys donors for Monster Dog but no Dillons.
I want to know which Dillon frames are best to be lens donors for a future Monster Dog project I have in mind...
IIRC the Dillon PHX & Greasewood would be suitable donors for the MD... cacatman has another list which might be useful for you to determine which Dillon models would be applicable Donors.

IIRC the Dillon PHX & Greasewood would be suitable donors for the MD... cacatman has another list which might be useful for you to determine which Dillon models would be applicable Donors.

Bear in mind though that the lens dimensions are height by width which don't take into account curvature.

Eg. If you are cutting a rectangular lens from a tapered elliptical lens, even though the dimensions seem to fit on paper, in reality, it may not work.

Also bear in mind that Dillon lenses are polarized And therefore, it is imperative that lenses are cut with their "horizons" exactly the same (as the lens you are trying to cut). ie, when cutting, it is inadvisable to change the orientation of the Dillon lens in order to accommodate a specific lens shape for your Oakleys.

Bear in mind though that the lens dimensions are height by width which don't take into account curvature.

Eg. If you are cutting a rectangular lens from a tapered elliptical lens, even though the dimensions seem to fit on paper, in reality, it may not work.

Also bear in mind that Dillon lenses are polarized And therefore, it is imperative that lenses are cut with their "horizons" exactly the same (as the lens you are trying to cut). ie, when cutting, it is inadvisable to change the orientation of the Dillon lens in order to accommodate a specific lens shape for your Oakleys.

So would you agree with him that Dillon PHX & Greasewood are suitable donors to MDs?

Back