• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

Thanks sir. I hope you are doing so well! Appreciate your efforts as always keeping all of us mortals safe! Ps- happy 2021
Thanks for that, although I don't think updating a lens list keeps any of us safe!!! Probably the opposite because it makes us spend more money than our spouses would like!!! HA HA HA

Split jacket is not a donor for mars. Flak Xlj is also not a donor for r2 if you want to keep the original r2 lens shape. Split jacket could be a yes, maybe but for r2
64ffd61e92ad9c86393aecb91616151a.jpg
23ab83890dd1e98f0be831a9803a508a.jpg

Split jacket is not a donor for mars. Flak Xlj is also not a donor for r2 if you want to keep the original r2 lens shape. Split jacket could be a yes, maybe but for r2 View attachment 828947View attachment 828948
Thanks for this. Updated

R2
No - Flak Jacket XLJ (@Chet Manley)

@Manish - if you remember, can you recheck the donor for mars? Maybe it was something else. I checked a split jacket lens and it doesn't work for the mars.

i just put a split jacket lens on top, and it isn’t tall enough.
56AEFC9E-62F7-43BA-8AAD-B9EBDD9D5A40.jpeg

@StG - What custom lenses do you have?
Can you please recheck which lens you used for the R2. Flak jacket XLJ as per @Chet Manley doesn't look like it will work from his pictures above.

Thanks for this. Updated

R2
No - Flak Jacket XLJ (@Chet Manley)

@Manish - if you remember, can you recheck the donor for mars? Maybe it was something else. I checked a split jacket lens and it doesn't work for the mars.

i just put a split jacket lens on top, and it isn’t tall enough.
View attachment 829048

@StG - What custom lenses do you have?
Can you please recheck which lens you used for the R2. Flak jacket XLJ as per @Chet Manley doesn't look like it will work from his pictures above.
hey @cacatman, never quite needed to find donors for Mars as I always had OEMs but from the looks of it, splits don't seem to be a viable option.
I can however confirm that splits are near perfect donors for R1, XX, and XS in X Metals.
@Chris A Hardaway has done numerous cuts for the aforementioned X metals using IH Spit jacket lenses; I recall him mentioning on a few occasions where the required coverage area from a donor perspective was a bit limiting; it worked out in the end nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back