• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley extractor pack 2.0

bahamayellow

I should Work at Oakley
So I walked into my Oakley store and was sad to see the Extractor bag had been discontinued. That was about 6 months ago. I really wanted one and figured I would by one when I get around to it. I’ve been looking and surprised that the price has not went down on the secondary markets. I found a place where it was less. I saw they made a Si version which would have been my first choice tan was my second. How many people got one.

5661BA37-9DC9-4068-8475-D3D085142892.jpeg

How do you like it? I just ordered one, plane on making it an EDC bag...i've got a 4 yr old and now that summer is approaching, we will be out and about a lil more and i'd like a smaller sized bag to carry some everyday essential items but not in a full size bag...I'm in Oklahoma, it get hot here and a bag on my back would be miserable.

How do you like it? I just ordered one, plane on making it an EDC bag...i've got a 4 yr old and now that summer is approaching, we will be out and about a lil more and i'd like a smaller sized bag to carry some everyday essential items but not in a full size bag...I'm in Oklahoma, it get hot here and a bag on my back would be miserable.
I like it. It hangs on the back alittle weird but for summer use it’s great. Doesn’t hold a lot but just the bare essentials. I use a kitchen sink during fall winter spring in Colorado. It’s got to be one of the best backpacks out there

Very cool...i'm looking forward to getting it and building it up, this will be a bag i keep in my truck and can grab when we take the wife's car...and even better, i can slap a few patches on it...lol

So I walked into my Oakley store and was sad to see the Extractor bag had been discontinued. That was about 6 months ago. I really wanted one and figured I would by one when I get around to it. I’ve been looking and surprised that the price has not went down on the secondary markets. I found a place where it was less. I saw they made a Si version which would have been my first choice tan was my second. How many people got one.

View attachment 694923
Just got a black one recently, cool bags

Last edited:
Update:
The Extractor Sling 2.0 is smaller than I expected, but that makes sense since it's meant to be used with just one strap. Can't be too heavy. It's sufficient space for a day pack or just for essentials. It's good for when you’re holding or carrying something in one hand, since you can take it off or put it on with just your other hand. The pockets are not good for organization, they end up being either too small or too long/large for the items you want to put in them. Maybe it's because it's new, but the way it opens and closes is odd, but I can see it being useful for emergencies if you want to remove first aid elements quickly. Since the bottom is slanted, it won’t sit up straight when you put it down somewhere, which is annoying. The removable inner pouch is great for quickly grabbing stuff you need to keep together. Overall, I like this bag a lot and use it daily.

Pros:
- Attaches to you securely with only one strap
- Can be manipulated with only one hand
- Can be spun to the front to access it without removal
- Looks cool
- Light
- Removable pouch is convenient

Cons:
- Pockets are bad for organization
- Small
- Odd opening
- Won’t stay standing when put down

If anyone is still looking I checked the Oakley SI website and they have camo for 66 and tan for 54 . Also wondering if anyone figured maybe this velcro stiff board with elastic is all purpose or perhaps for ....

20210606_101625.jpg

If anyone is still looking I checked the Oakley SI website and they have camo for 66 and tan for 54 . Also wondering if anyone figured maybe this velcro stiff board with elastic is all purpose or perhaps for ....

View attachment 870605
Yea I’ve seen videos on YouTube where they’re set up like that, seems to be the intended purpose

Back