• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley Eye Jacket 1.0 from mid-90's - matte black w/ black iridium

U

Username Hidden

50882038393_25a6a2b967_k.jpg

More pics here: PICS!

I bought these new myself from a Sunglass Hut when I was living in Hawaii many, many years ago in the mid 1990's. I wore them for several years and then put them in a case and forgot about them, so despite being over 25 years old, they don't have a lot of use and were always stored in the house.

I cannot find any scratches on the lenses, and it only has minor wear on the "O" on stems and nose bridge. The rubber on the stems is also in good condition. These are the earliest "square" hinge versions. Will also include the hard case pictured and the Oakley microfiber bag, of course.

$110 shipped OBO, continental US - or pick up in North Phoenix and take $10 off.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Make an offer?

:(

That’s a funny way of bumping lol. Try dropping the price incrementally until someone bites

Username Hidden said:
That’s a funny way of bumping lol. Try dropping the price incrementally until someone bites

Yeah - just figured the "OBO" would include anyone who may be interested in them. The only offers I got are the "I'll give you $40 cash right now" for them.

At the same time, I realize that the 'retro' styles generally limit the interested parties to collectors, and for the most part, collectors are likely looking for the 'like new' ones with no imperfections and that have the original boxes, etc.

Either way, retro ones in good condition like this seem to be hard to sell and you just have to find the right person... I think it's less about the price and more about the right person finding them. There's probably not many that are looking for a set of these that is a buyer at $90, but not even interested at $110. My impressions anyway.

Username Hidden said:
Yeah - just figured the "OBO" would include anyone who may be interested in them. The only offers I got are the "I'll give you $40 cash right now" for them.

At the same time, I realize that the 'retro' styles generally limit the interested parties to collectors, and for the most part, collectors are likely looking for the 'like new' ones with no imperfections and that have the original boxes, etc.

Either way, retro ones in good condition like this seem to be hard to sell and you just have to find the right person... I think it's less about the price and more about the right person finding them. There's probably not many that are looking for a set of these that is a buyer at $90, but not even interested at $110. My impressions anyway.
Can’t disagree with any of your points, carry on lol

Username Hidden said:

Also keep in mind these are now very brittle being first gen o matter

Username Hidden said:
Also keep in mind these are now very brittle being first gen o matter
And a lot of people have them

I'm going to mention something, at the risk of getting beat up by fellow OF bro's. But you could always up the price a little (because of the higher fees), and put it on ebay also. Way more people will see your pair.

Username Hidden said:
I'm going to mention something, at the risk of getting beat up by fellow OF bro's. But you could always up the price a little (because of the higher fees), and put it on ebay also. Way more people will see your pair.
I was also going to recommend eBay, but assumed he didn’t want to list there for some reason

Back