• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frank FMJ gathering

All 3 of those C6 that I brought to the Texas Meetup are the original First C6 Prototypes directly obtained from Neil Ferrier, who Engineered and Designed the entire Elite Line for Oakley including the C6. They are the only 3 pairs that have "Prototype" in the Unobtainium Earsocks. I also have Livestrong C6 #1 of 5 in the Museum as well.

In the pictures, the first 4 are of C6 Livestrong #1 of 5, and the last Picture is of the 3 Prototypes, along with their partially Machined Aluminum Front, Machined but not Polished Aluminum Front, and the C6 SLA Prototype. Cheers!

ND8_3499 with Logo Small.jpg
ND8_3500 with Logo Small.jpg
ND8_3501 with Logo Small.jpg
ND8_3503 with Logo Small.jpg
Oakley C6 Prototype Collection with Logo Small.jpg

All 3 of those C6 that I brought to the Texas Meetup are the original First C6 Prototypes directly obtained from Neil Ferrier, who Engineered and Designed the entire Elite Line for Oakley including the C6. They are the only 3 pairs that have "Prototype" in the Unobtainium Earsocks. I also have Livestrong C6 #1 of 5 in the Museum as well.

In the pictures, the first 4 are of C6 Livestrong #1 of 5, and the last Picture is of the 3 Prototypes, along with their partially Machined Aluminum Front, Machined but not Polished Aluminum Front, and the C6 SLA Prototype. Cheers!

View attachment 307202 View attachment 307203 View attachment 307204 View attachment 307205 View attachment 307235
Are you absolutely positive that those are the "only" 3 pairs having the word "Prototype" on the unobtanium?

Are you absolutely positive that those are the "only" 3 pairs having the word "Prototype" on the unobtanium?

I can only go by the word of the Engineer, Neil Ferrier, who created them, but he personally stamped it in there himself, so that is the only word I have to go on. That is about as Legit as I could get. I've never seen any others that do all of these years since the C Six was created. The pair that Del Matticks has is a Pre-Production pair, as is the pair that JV Fule has of the Carbon, it is a Pre-Production pair (his has no serial). Neil Ferrier personally told me these were the 3 original Prototypes, as he sold them to me.

Anyway, I will be happy to ask him the next time I speak with him!

I can only go by the word of the Engineer, Neil Ferrier, who created them, but he personally stamped it in there himself, so that is the only word I have to go on. That is about as Legit as I could get. I've never seen any others that do all of these years since the C Six was created. The pair that Del Matticks has is a Pre-Production pair, as is the pair that JV Fule has of the Carbon, it is a Pre-Production pair (his has no serial). Neil Ferrier personally told me these were the 3 original Prototypes, as he sold them to me.

Anyway, I will be happy to ask him the next time I speak with him!
Understood. True that you can go only by what you're told.

There just happens to be more. ;)

Had mine for a while.

Back