• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frank FMJ gathering

I can only go by the word of the Engineer, Neil Ferrier, who created them, but he personally stamped it in there himself, so that is the only word I have to go on. That is about as Legit as I could get. I've never seen any others that do all of these years since the C Six was created. The pair that Del Matticks has is a Pre-Production pair, as is the pair that JV Fule has of the Carbon, it is a Pre-Production pair (his has no serial). Neil Ferrier personally told me these were the 3 original Prototypes, as he sold them to me.

Anyway, I will be happy to ask him the next time I speak with him!

Understood. True that you can go only by what you're told.

There just happens to be more. ;)

Had mine for a while.

Yes, there are definitely more than 3 of the the C Six stamped with PROTOTYPE on the earsock. Frank's pair came from one of the Australian reps. At least one of the pairs shown in Montreal by a Canadian rep in the event below had it (and the same pair displayed during the Vancouver Olympics in their pop up shop I believe). There should be other events in other states and other countries as well.

KID K.I.C.K.S. THE BOY WONDER!!: OAKLEY ELITE PROGRAM. C-SIX!

Neil is right in that he has created and seen only three, but that may be because it is it was only in the scope of his purview. A lot of times the different divisions within Oakley don't communicate with each other and things are created without others knowing. Design may do one thing, direct sales another, sports marketing another, etc. When you hear someone say ''xxx said only xx pairs were made", they may be correct from their experience but perhaps not the total picture.

Frank came into my all-midget-strip-club last night wearing a bow-tie and penny loafers but we had to kick him out when he got too drunk and tried spreading raspberry jelly on one of the strippers.

Didn't get any on his C6 though....

Frank came into my all-midget-strip-club last night wearing a bow-tie and penny loafers but we had to kick him out when he got too drunk and tried spreading raspberry jelly on one of the strippers.

Didn't get any on his C6 though....

Pics or it didn’t happen :D

Latest Posts

Back