• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Kato spotted

It looks like the Kato and Kato X are finally arriving. I’m curious how the nose cover from the Kato works out in real life. Will the nose cover fit most noses and how is fogging / venting handled?

I have a feeling it's just going to be another point for oils to build up unless they really made it sit high.

If that's in USD, $276 is insane.

If that's in USD, $276 is insane.
The price for the Kato I see in Europe is € 270 and that translates to USD $ 327 ;)
And that € 270 probably includes about € 54 of taxes (€ 54 is USD $ 65)
5569A176-0BDB-4F08-863E-64760CCCE954.jpeg

Last edited:
It doesn’t cover the nostrils.
I assume that you mean that the Kato only covers the base of the nose (the nasal bone if I’m correct) and not the whole nose so that it would always fit? I have my doubts about this to be honest. No offense but allow me to elaborate.

Some people (like me) have a very pronounced nose that really sticks out. A human nose is one of the few body parts that keeps growing over time, even when a human has reached adulthood. So my nose only keeps getting bigger and bigger :confused:
There also is a reason Oakley sells Asian fit frames, because of the shape of (the base of) the nose.

So if the nose part of the Kato doesn’t fit well either the whole frame is pulled forward (when the nose is too big) or the nose part can become an air scoop (when the nose is too small). Both options are not ideal for a frame that is aimed for cycling.
I hope the Kato fits every owner perfectly of course, but I’m curious how the Kato design works out IRL , and if for instance I actually can wear it :rolleyes:

I assume that you mean that the Kato only covers the base of the nose (the nasal bone if I’m correct) and not the whole nose so that it would always fit? I have my doubts about this to be honest. No offense but allow me to elaborate.

Some people (like me) have a very pronounced nose that really sticks out. A human nose is one of the few body parts that keeps growing over time, even when a human has reached adulthood. So my nose only keeps getting bigger and bigger :confused:
There also is a reason Oakley sells Asian fit frames, because of the shape of (the base of) the nose.

So if the nose part of the Kato doesn’t fit well either the whole frame is pulled forward (when the nose is too big) or the nose part can become an air scoop (when the nose is too small). Both options are not ideal for a frame that is aimed for cycling.
I hope the Kato fits every owner perfectly of course, but I’m curious how the Kato design works out IRL , and if for instance I actually can wear it :rolleyes:
If the Kato covers the nostrils then you won’t have to worry about fogging up your glasses. 😊

Back