• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley M Frame Alpha and U-Rx insert

pepperman

Oakley Beginner
I was wondering if any of you had experience with using the U-Rx insert with the Oakley M Frame Alpha glasses? I've read a couple post where people claims the insert with fit the Alpha glasses, but Oakley does not advertise the insert to be compatible. My question would be, is the u-rx insert a good fit with the Alpha glasses?

Oakley likely doesn't advertise compatible because it's not their own brand, therefore LUX won't make any money by suggesting you use a 3rd party brand's product... A quick google search shows they should fit no problemo, although you should chat with @Chris A Hardaway he's the guy that would likely know best what your options are.
10338461_1141580835866738_6384253049746669620_o 2.jpg12308166_1141580905866731_9104696868661500950_o.jpg12829323_1141580832533405_5172640344590944745_o 2.jpg

There also this pretty helpful thread covering the standard M-Frame using the insert.

I know nothing about how these inserts work, except that I can easily fill the distance only RX in the insert. I don't know how they actually snap in the frame. Again I'd be happy to full an RX insert for $90 polycarbonate or $150 Polycarbonate with Standard A/R coating. Just linke me this page.

Oakley likely doesn't advertise compatible because it's not their own brand, therefore LUX won't make any money by suggesting you use a 3rd party brand's product... A quick google search shows they should fit no problemo, although you should chat with @Chris A Hardaway he's the guy that would likely know best what your options are.
View attachment 675195View attachment 675196View attachment 675197

There also this pretty helpful thread covering the standard M-Frame using the insert.

Thank you for the images and all the info, I searched extensively and could only find 2 instances of reviews where the customer mentioned they should fit, so I was looking for a little more confirmation. The images you attached show a pretty clear picture that they should be fitting perfectly. I did not think about running a Google Image search. Let's how I don't have to glue anything like in the story you linked about the retail M2 frame.

I'll probably end up getting the insert fitted in Canada as it will be cheaper considering shipping and exchange rate.

I know nothing about how these inserts work, except that I can easily fill the distance only RX in the insert. I don't know how they actually snap in the frame. Again I'd be happy to full an RX insert for $90 polycarbonate or $150 Polycarbonate with Standard A/R coating. Just linke me this page.
Thanks for the offer. It'll probably be cheaper for me as a Canadian to get them fitted in Canada considering the shipping and exchange rate.

I can’t speak for the Alpha but I got my dad that U RX insert for his M Frame and RJ cut his RX lenses for it. He loves it. If you can get it to work do it.

BTW @Chris A Hardaway I got him another insert for his backup M Frame so I’ll be getting another set from you at some point.

I can’t speak for the Alpha but I got my dad that U RX insert for his M Frame and RJ cut his RX lenses for it. He loves it. If you can get it to work do it.

BTW @Chris A Hardaway I got him another insert for his backup M Frame so I’ll be getting another set from you at some point.
Thanks for letting me know... Go reread your old messages if you can find them. I don't mind matching that price again for a second set (it may have been $5 less back then lol).

Ok so i been looking all over to find if the alphas were rx compatible. Now i came across this forum that saying it can be done with modifications.

I'm a prior service navy and need a ballistic lens ( safety) that will hold my rx due to many years of welding.

Now if there someone here that does these modifying for a fee . Looking for rx inserts asap

Ok so i been looking all over to find if the alphas were rx compatible. Now i came across this forum that saying it can be done with modifications.

I'm a prior service navy and need a ballistic lens ( safety) that will hold my rx due to many years of welding.

Now if there someone here that does these modifying for a fee . Looking for rx inserts asap

Hi Thtgui17,

I bought the M Frame Alphas glasses (not the goggles) and the ESS U-RX insert fits just fine in them. I did not need to do any modification whatsoever. I have no clue why Oakley and ESS are not advertising them as compatible with each other.

1_IMG_20200313_110324.jpg

1_IMG_20200313_110353.jpg

1_IMG_20200313_110406.jpg

IMG_20200313_110335.jpg

Latest Posts

Back