• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley MFrame Prescription

i will take a pic later today. it is enough for my wife to notice, but only once, months after i was wearing them. She said "push your sunglasses up your nose". :cool:

i will take a pic later today. it is enough for my wife to notice, but only once, months after i was wearing them. She said "push your sunglasses up your nose". :cool:
Well, looks like I won’t need to modify the Urx for an M2 to get a mirror lens. Managed to find white Alphas with Jade Prizm lenses!

I saw. Sweet alphas! Still looking for a reasonably priced used pair of matte blacks.

They are a bit farther from your face. I didn’t notice much. And to be honest, I’m good with it to be able to see out of my old m frames. 😁

I have a mag m on the way too. Will be doing the same with them.
is your prescription single vision or progressive? I'd love to be able to use my M-pros with a progressive prescription!

is your prescription single vision or progressive? I'd love to be able to use my M-pros with a progressive prescription!
Single vision for me, the U-Rx has pretty small lenses. For a progressive, the sections would have to be small. I’ve seen it’s possible, but some people have struggled with how the lens lines up in various frames.

With the URx insert, my local Pearl Vision said they couldn’t put progressives in. 🙁 but the distance Rx works awesome. 👍

here is a pic of the two different nose pieces. Both are the u-Rx nose piece. The one on the left is the original, the one on the right is modified to work with the original m frame lenses. I use JB Weld to fill in, and sanded it down smooth.

View attachment 794758
Hi there. I ordered this insert and hoped it would fit my 1999 M Frames and found it didn't. I packed them up to return to Amazon and happened to find your thread. So when you filled in with JB weld...you just filled in that whole gap? That makes it so it will lock into the lens?

Exactly. And then I ended the groove month with file and fine sandpaper, and then slowly work the groove until it fights tight.

Latest Posts

Back