• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley MSK3 vs N95 vs N100 vs KN95 vs KF94 vs UVMask Lite Review

WeekendGearGuide

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

This is a comprehensive comparison review of the Oakley MSK3 versus some of the industry's best N95, N100, KN95, KN94 masks as well as the competing UVMask Lite mask.

Oakley MSK3 vs N95 vs N100 vs KN95 vs KF94 vs UVMask Lite Review

This review is specifically for anyone who wears prescription eye glasses, but I'm sure wearers of Oakley glasses here will also appreciate some of the masks reviewed here in addition to the Oakley MSK3 for alternative consideration.

Will be posting more follow-up reviews and tips on the Oakley MSK3 mask.

In the meantime, hope this comparison review helps.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really the biggest part is the performance department as much of rest is subjective to each wearer and their face.

I'm not clear on the PPE classification as Oakley themselves made it a point that the MSK3 doesn't actually qualify as such.

Really the biggest part is the performance department as much of rest is subjective to each wearer and their face.

I'm not clear on the PPE classification as Oakley themselves made it a point that the MSK3 doesn't actually qualify as such.

Thanks for sharing this video!

Indeed, Oakley's disclaimer statements are similar to disclaimer statements found on many KN95 masks, like:
- Not for Medical Use
- Non-Medical
- Dust and Pollen protection

The question is, as mentioned in my review, is the Oakley MSK3 a KN95 class mask?

The Oakley MSK3 comes with the GB2626-2019 performance standard Certificate of Conformity, but GB2626-2019 performance standard, has 3 filter element classes, KN90, KN95 and KN100.

I'm assuming it's KN95, since Oakley.com and other packaging state "The high-performance, disposable filter has over 95% filtration efficiency of particles down to size of 0.3 microns", which aligns with KN95 performance standard.

But if anyone can help translate the Chinese Characters stamped on the Oakley MSK3 Certificate of Conformity, please share the translation.

Last edited:
Nice review. To make the MSK3 cheaper overall by not having to buy Oakley's replacement filters, i purchased Bondir KN95 filters (as someone on another thread recommended) and they fit well enough to cover the open mesh design of the mask housing.

1614530078578.png

1614530875752.png

1614530905635.png

1614530931609.png

Nice review. To make the MSK3 cheaper overall by not having to buy Oakley's replacement filters, i purchased Bondir KN95 filters (as someone on another thread recommended) and they fit well enough to cover the open mesh design of the mask housing.

Thank you!

Those fit pretty good, and don't look as flimsy as the Oakley filters, which puff in and out when you inhale and exhale.

I'm using the Honeywell filters that came with the Honeywell Dual-Layer Face Cover. They are rated at filtering out at least 97% of 0.1 micron particles. These ones fit similar to your KN95 and also don't puff in and out when breathing.

Thank you!

Those fit pretty good, and don't look as flimsy as the Oakley filters, which puff in and out when you inhale and exhale.

I'm using the Honeywell filters that came with the Honeywell Dual-Layer Face Cover. They are rated at filtering out at least 97% of 0.1 micron particles. These ones fit similar to your KN95 and also don't puff in and out when breathing.

Good to know about the Oakley filters being flimsy. I didn't even try them. I went straight for the Bondir inserts. Been using them regularly with no issues. I was wearing simple handmade cotton face coverings as well as disposable face masks and got irritated when wearing them for prolonged periods because my lips would chafe on the material. I like that the MSK3 sits away from the face, making it a very comfortable mask.

Thank you!

Same! I do trim some of the excess material on the front edge of the Honeywell filter to make the filter to make it fit better. However, I use the O-reusable filter at the front of the mask... then the honeywell as the mid layer and the Oakley disposable as a layer to help the honeywell fit better. Seems great so far.

Last edited:
Back