• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Over The Top Bib Pants (ski snowboard, 2008-2010)

mbailey802

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

New member here- I'm trying to hunt down a pair of the Oakley Over-the-top bib ski and snowboard pant, They came out in 2008 or 2009 I believe and were very popular amongst the ski and snowboard communities at that time. Tons were sold for super cheap ($70) on sites like Whiskey Militia and Steepandcheap (both ran by backcountry.com at the time and no longer exist).

I am searching on forums like newschoolers as well but most old FS threads I find are from 2010 with no reply from the poster. I tried posting this in the exchange but it doesn't look like it will let me. I suppose an upgrade is necessary to access this?

Who else remembers these pants?! Any skiers and snowboarder here? I believe I have the correct model name but dont have too much luck when searching online. any help appreciated.

Oakley-Over-The-Top-Bib-Ski-Snowboard.jpg

oakley pants 1.jpg

Were these actually called "over the top" by oakley?

Yes that is what someone told me, and it does sound familiar to those years. However on this site I see that "over the top" is most commonly referred to as those... unique... sunglasses.

Yes that is what someone told me, and it does sound familiar to those years. However on this site I see that "over the top" is most commonly referred to as those... unique... sunglasses.

Yes that's why I asked. I didnt know they named anything else over the top

Yes that's why I asked. I didnt know they named anything else over the top
Yeah people seem to be calling them that on this popular ski forum:

Yeah people seem to be calling them that on this popular ski forum:
:welcome: fellow NS

They're from the 2008 season. That camo was called Nickel Tiger Camo, it also came in Ozone (light blue) - Nickel O Cell (Glacier Camo) - Earth Brown - Black.

They were the predecessor to the Air Raid bib with the iconic Dumont white/red colorway. Both models looked similar in design minus main difference was how the air raid went up higher on the sides of your ribs. Unless someone has a particular nostalgia for the OTT's they probably aren't going to remember what the name is for them considering their age, I'd suggest being general in your search criteria for ebay or other pre-owned apps, as in; Oakley Snow bib thinsulate an just keep an eye out for the distinct triple button chest pockets on the chest, then use the known colorways to determine if you found OTT or Air Raids - that's how I went about it when looking for a pair of ampiler pants from '11 ~ when found they were described as Oakley Pants Ski Snowboard Snow Loose Fit Thinsulate Insulat Men’s Size: XL which describes just about every model of pants lol.

s-l1600.jpg

There's a BNIB L Earth Brown pair in AUS ebay for half a kidney price.

:welcome: fellow NS

They're from the 2008 season. That camo was called Nickel Tiger Camo, it also came in Ozone (light blue) - Nickel O Cell (Glacier Camo) - Earth Brown - Black.

They were the predecessor to the Air Raid bib with the iconic Dumont white/red colorway. Both models looked similar in design minus main difference was how the air raid went up higher on the sides of your ribs. Unless someone has a particular nostalgia for the OTT's they probably aren't going to remember what the name is for them considering their age, I'd suggest being general in your search criteria for ebay or other pre-owned apps, as in; Oakley Snow bib thinsulate an just keep an eye out for the distinct triple button chest pockets on the chest, then use the known colorways to determine if you found OTT or Air Raids - that's how I went about it when looking for a pair of ampiler pants from '11 ~ when found they were described as Oakley Pants Ski Snowboard Snow Loose Fit Thinsulate Insulat Men’s Size: XL which describes just about every model of pants lol.

View attachment 671331

There's a BNIB L Earth Brown pair in AUS ebay for half a kidney price.
Epic post thanks man! Im VT_Scratch on NS! I'd also kill for the 3.5 puffy pants in white and blue... man I love all the throwback gear.

Epic post thanks man! Im VT_Scratch on NS! I'd also kill for the 3.5 puffy pants in white and blue... man I love all the throwback gear.
Ill add you on NS, I’m there as argyle409. Those pants were amazing but they were built like tissue paper 😝 an didn’t last long if you tore up rails a lot... someone sold a pair of white/blue text on NS last year for around 200 in used shape... which is crazy considering you used to be able to get them for like 75-130. Another pair sold on eBay for over 300 but they were brand new... but also small size

bump :)
still looking for these pants in either of the camos. there are a brown pair on ebay right now but thats not what im after.

Back