• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Oakley Penny X-Metal w/ Ruby Iridium (presentation pair of a former sales rep)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Here we have a Penny for sale.
A former sales rep used that pair for presentation. The pair was sitting in a display for a couple of years until it was stored away for a much longer time. Unfortunately there is a small mark on the left orbital. The lenses don't have significant scratches on their surfaces, but thermal stress cracks inside from stitting in the display for years and getting some heat probably. I sell the Penny with those lenses because they are the nice old Ruby ones. You can still wear them with clear vision though.
So at least you can decide to swap them or not and use them as backup or for display purposes - or for wearing, as you like.
The pair is coming with a non-Oakley black box, as you can see in the picture. This is how the sales rep used to store his stuff.
An Oakley microclear bag will added too.
Price is SOLD shipped. PayPal G&S is the way to pay.
Any questions? Please ask via direct message!

20200604_195716.jpg
20200604_194757.jpg
20200604_194809.jpg
20200604_195832.jpg
20200604_200017.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Can we see the back orbitals. Hows the flex?

@patchnauty
The flex is "factory-tight"
and what exactly do you want to see on the back of the orbitals?
The hinges are in perfect working order.

Damn, those are sexy!
I used to get those cracks in my Juliet’s and my old e-wires have those. I always thought it was from the wind over time. Used both pair on my Harley back in the day. But I digress. GLWS!
:focus:
someone on here was just looking for a pair of rubified Penny’s

Still one of the most Glorious frame/Colour Combo's they ever made. The lenses look like they've been cleaned by PopEye though!

Username Hidden said:
Here we have a Penny for sale.
A former sales rep used that pair for presentation. The pair was sitting in a display for a couple of years until it was stored away for a much longer time. Unfortunately there is a small mark on the left orbital. The lenses don't have significant scratches on their surfaces, but thermal stress cracks inside from stitting in the display for years and getting some heat probably. I sell the Penny with those lenses because they are the nice old Ruby ones. You can still wear them with clear vision though.
So at least you can decide to swap them or not and use them as backup or for display purposes - or for wearing, as you like.
The pair is coming with a non-Oakley black box, as you can see in the picture. This is how the sales rep used to store his stuff.
An Oakley microclear bag will added too.
Price is 777$ shipped (OBO). PayPal G&S is the way to pay.
Shipping from Germany, which is expensive at the moment but possible.
Any questions? Please ask via direct message!

View attachment 748398View attachment 748397View attachment 748396View attachment 748395View attachment 748394

Beautiful pair!

Would love an X-Metal Penny.

I had the same gen Juliet and the lenses did the same thing.

Disappointed me as they were amazing to look at.

Oakley advising using a carrying bag that "doubled" up as a cleaning cloth was surely just a rouse so people paid to have their lenses replaced at much more regular intervals than necessary.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back