• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I didn’t like them yesterday but I like them today. That picture might have sold them. I really like the Encoder picture I saw today. Looked dope! You order a Retina Burn Plazma yet? I have a 30% code but don’t know what to do. Plazma or Encoder🤯

I like both but the Plazma has the edge (no pun intended) for me.

I quite like the Matte Black/Prizm Black lenses model, if I get one that will be it.

Need to get a voucher myself if I did as it is considerable more expensive than the Retina Burn variant on the Oakley U.K website.

I like both but the Plazma has the edge (no pun intended) for me.

I quite like the Matte Black/Prizm Black lenses model, if I get one that will be it.

Need to get a voucher myself if I did as it is considerable more expensive than the Retina Burn variant on the Oakley U.K website.
Yeah the prices are a bit high🙄

These call to me in a way nothing since 2012 has…
I see them primarily as a functional pair for cycling (and motorcycling), as off the bike, they’d look peculiar for public consumption.
The “aero” aesthetic chin spoilers look to be about perfect to me, as any bug I’ve eyed has bounced in off my rosy cheek.
Problem is I don't see the draw for existing, vested Oakley users who already have a go-to, unless it's out of pure fandom. In a utilitarian sense it doesn't make much sense vs. say, getting the next cool casual pair because there's more of a collector's and aesthetic merit to it. There are always good pairs coming out from a performance standpoint, and sure enough I can recognize different advantages, but I haven't found major reasons to absolutely need alternate designs.

Add that retail pricing is unreasonable when compared to the more complex designs we've been offered before, it's a hard sell for me. I've mainly acted on new designs on discount. This take, of course, will not apply to anyone, and no one is wrong for buying what they want. I've kinda settled into one of those users that stuck to their OG Radars or M-Frames — barring an unexpected miracle of a reinvented wheel, I'd really need to see my favorite pair's supply/support dry up to convincingly move on.
+1, and well said.
:smoke:

Latest Posts

Back