• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley releases

Mosses78

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone!

As a newbee here i have to ask if there is a calendar or certain dates to new releases or are they more or less random.

Where do you guys get youre heads up on the releases? I realy like Oakleys and especially the Frogskins and just started my little own collection aslo.

If you can give me any advice where to start looking for upcoming releases, except on this forum i would appreciate it.

A lot of starters of threads in the new release sub section will post screen shots of those on social who are hands on or know someone inside who leaks them information. Your best info outside the forums is to start following some of those people on social. The other is athletes sponsored by Oakley, usually they can be seen wearing the prototypes of pending releases. Releases are typically on a quarterly basis for the most part.

Once in awhile someone will catch information off the patent or trademark sites. This is how a lot of early information is discovered from any kind of product early.

Thanks @Patient_Cero for the info. Is it usual that the releases sell out in minutes or less? I understand thats also have to do with how limited pairs is made?! For example lets day a staple Frogskins release, are they all sold under the desk at some store or is it possible for a normal person to get their hands on a pair?

Thanks @Patient_Cero for the info. Is it usual that the releases sell out in minutes or less? I understand thats also have to do with how limited pairs is made?! For example lets day a staple Frogskins release, are they all sold under the desk at some store or is it possible for a normal person to get their hands on a pair?
All depends, it can be a crap shoot. Between bots used by professional flippers and those true collector pieces and how many Oakley decides to produce. Like the Mumbo release went quickly, but the Kato-X "Limited Edition" has been on the site for months. The upcoming Racing Jacket Muzm piece will be an example of one that goes fast depending on numbers produced, and if it will be in store only or available online.

Ok, youre fighting the bots also… I have been collecting Nike dunks for several years, its almost imposible to get releases online nowadays. Sad that the flippers sort of destroy it for the people that truly enjoy collecting a specific brand.

Latest Posts

Back