• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
package came :)
DSC01500.JPG

I tried these on yesterday at my O Store. They are small. Made me look like Morpheus from The Matrix. Too bad cuz I like em. Just too small.

The only downside I see with these is the slightly shortly lens height compared to the Ejector and WireTap 2.0 height. The rest of the scaling is very similar. Going to have to try these on in store to know if they are for me. I ended up not liking the new Whisker because of the extreme forward lean the lens had in the frame.

D0A3535E-1D5C-4889-9B79-6ADD21E3EDEB.jpeg
D7AF9B40-DB34-4DF6-A203-42D5A08A78BC.jpeg

Here are some comparison pics comparing the Savitar (right) against the 2020 whisker (left). They look extremely similar but there are a few differences:

1. The whisker 2020 is made of C5 vs the Savitar made of titanium. The Savitar is lighter (19g) vs the whisker 2020. Both frames are already lightweight but the Savitar is a bit lighter.

2. The Savitar has those hexagonal lines to it, vs the Whisker is a throw-back to the old Whisker and maybe A-wire? This is personal preference, but with my more rounded face I actually think the Savitar fits my face a bit better.

3. I am not sure what the Savitar base-curve is, I honestly don’t think it is 8.75 because based on the lens measurements there is no way this frame should fit me (I usually fit large/extra large frames) at a base curve of 8.75. That being said it also doesn’t feel like a 6 base curve. Either way the Savitar doesn’t seem to ‘wrap’ on the face like the Whisker does.

If I were to sum up the Savitar, it’s like a titanium blend of a cross between the Whisker 2020 and the Ejector. Really like that Oakley is offering a titanium wire frame again, hopefully they release more color ways in the future (satin black with prizm ruby would look amazing in this frame).

View attachment 843060View attachment 843061
Here are some comparison pics comparing the Savitar (right) against the 2020 whisker (left). They look extremely similar but there are a few differences:

1. The whisker 2020 is made of C5 vs the Savitar made of titanium. The Savitar is lighter (19g) vs the whisker 2020. Both frames are already lightweight but the Savitar is a bit lighter.

2. The Savitar has those hexagonal lines to it, vs the Whisker is a throw-back to the old Whisker and maybe A-wire? This is personal preference, but with my more rounded face I actually think the Savitar fits my face a bit better.

3. I am not sure what the Savitar base-curve is, I honestly don’t think it is 8.75 because based on the lens measurements there is no way this frame should fit me (I usually fit large/extra large frames) at a base curve of 8.75. That being said it also doesn’t feel like a 6 base curve. Either way the Savitar doesn’t seem to ‘wrap’ on the face like the Whisker does.

If I were to sum up the Savitar, it’s like a titanium blend of a cross between the Whisker 2020 and the Ejector. Really like that Oakley is offering a titanium wire frame again, hopefully they release more color ways in the future (satin black with prizm ruby would look amazing in this frame).
Can you post a shot head on of them beside the Ejector?

Thanks, I am wanting to pull the trigger on a pair, I am going to see if my local Vault has them. If so I may swing over on a lunch break to try them on and compare with my SI Discount vs. SI Site for cost of a pair.

I just picked these up over the weekend (in Satin Black with Prizm Black lens), my first new Oakley in years (always been a fan of the wire frames).

Was comparing them to the new Whiskers (I still have the original Whisker), and I think the new Whiskers are kind of odd. The top of the lens really sticks out, and then I don't think the lens itself is tall enough, a lot of my peripheral vision below me was not covered by the sunglasses. Also don't like how they curve up a lot more than the original Whisker, made me look like Neo in the Matrix.

Agree with the other poster here that the Savitar is not a base 8/8.75, it's a bit less curved, but also not a straight base 6 either. The new Whisker and the Savitar seem about equally wide on my face, and I have a pretty narrow face.

Otherwise the Savitar feels very comfortable, appreciate the extra light weight. It kind of disappears on my head. And the more hexagonal look is overall still fairly subtle, especially when you get the black frame.

I just picked these up over the weekend (in Satin Black with Prizm Black lens), my first new Oakley in years (always been a fan of the wire frames).

Was comparing them to the new Whiskers (I still have the original Whisker), and I think the new Whiskers are kind of odd. The top of the lens really sticks out, and then I don't think the lens itself is tall enough, a lot of my peripheral vision below me was not covered by the sunglasses. Also don't like how they curve up a lot more than the original Whisker, made me look like Neo in the Matrix.

Agree with the other poster here that the Savitar is not a base 8/8.75, it's a bit less curved, but also not a straight base 6 either. The new Whisker and the Savitar seem about equally wide on my face, and I have a pretty narrow face.

Otherwise the Savitar feels very comfortable, appreciate the extra light weight. It kind of disappears on my head. And the more hexagonal look is overall still fairly subtle, especially when you get the black frame.
Thats how I feel about the Whisker, lenses to short in height, and the angle has them leaned way more forward then my original Whisker and as a result of both I felt like I didnt have near enough coverage area if I moved my view in any direction. They look awesome but design wise they needed more thought.

With the Wire Tap I think they got everything they did wrong on the Whisker and made it right with them. The Savitar I am excited to get in hand and try out.

Latest Posts

Back