• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
[…] Oakley SI Ballistic Shocktube Complete Review Oakley Forum […]

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've searched the forum high & low... has anyone found earsocks that are a good fit on these? I saw one post where a member used radarlock socks, but he was wearing a balaclava, so they weren't visible. MI SI shocktubes are my everyday workwear, but I'm getting tired of them sliding off my head, and I'm not interested in adding a strap.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've searched the forum high & low... has anyone found earsocks that are a good fit on these? I saw one post where a member used radarlock socks, but he was wearing a balaclava, so they weren't visible. MI SI shocktubes are my everyday workwear, but I'm getting tired of them sliding off my head, and I'm not interested in adding a strap.

I would think if you lube up the socks so they make it over the hump on the end of the stem they'd work alright. They'd probably be stretched a bit since the stem is a bit bigger at the wide end.

I used Radarlock earsocks. Me personally, it helped to a limited extent. Part of the problem was the pitch of frames was a little much for me.

If you don't need your eyewear to meet the impact standards (like Mil Spec 32432A and ANSI Z87.1 ), I'd just say a full-frame sports pair is much easier to get along with — lens selection, maintenance, security/grip.

Thanks for the recommendation; I just added some radarlock socks, and it made a big difference. I do wear them for the safety rating, and because they don’t look as milsurp as the ballistic M’s.

98F0D551-8A35-46AE-9B14-3217D7268105.jpeg

[…] fantastic O-Matter frame with a Plazma-like appearance is the Oakley Shocktube. However, Oakley’s Standard Release program really includes the framework. Here is the Oakley […]

Back