• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Sutro from official dealer seems to be not authentic.

TomikaZ

Oakley Beginner
Hi. Just bought Oakley Sutro form ebay official dealer vistaexpert. Shipping was extra fast but when I opened the box my happiness changed to sadness. I`m adding the pictures to see. The box seems to be liek authentic. The "USA..." Logo is just a cheap plastic sticker and can be easy removed. The bag is horrible quality like you see. Metal plate not fixed well. In front you can see some bubble on plastic frame. The codes are present like on original oakleys. The vistaexpert from Italy realy is authorized oakley dealer and they will refund me. Now I must to send the glasses back to them. And they claim that all the glasses they are selling is authentic. Can anyone to tell me is it normal quality for glasses 100+ euros?

IMAG0206~2.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0209~2.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0226~2.jpg

That USA assembled tag does look a bit off.

I looked at a few pairs of my Sutros and the tags are set in far enough that I cant see the edge like yours.

The bag looks normal to me. That mark at the nose bridge would piss me off though.

That USA assembled tag does look a bit off.

I looked at a few pairs of my Sutros and the tags are set in far enough that I cant see the edge like yours.

The bag looks normal to me. That mark at the nose bridge would piss me off though.

In the official pictures the "USA.." logo seems different. The bag edge is ripped off. The glasses overall looks like 20 euros price. I have 2 pairs older models original oakleys ant they are perfectly manufactured.

Unless something has changed between designs, I thought that's just a single plastic piece, not a sticker. That seems to be the case for my "assembled" pairs (Flight and Field Jacket).

The rest could've been chalked up to Oakley's amazing QC and/or the possibility this was some demo pair used for installation/removal practice.

This seller is claiming to be a Lux dealer with even some spare lenses for sale. This isn't the rarest thing.
Selling for less than retail hardly hurts given how insane the initial markup is. 5000+ transactions. A live storefront. They're accepting return/refund.

So I'd bottom line return that pair.

Unless something has changed between designs, I thought that's just a single plastic piece, not a sticker. That seems to be the case for my "assembled" pairs (Flight and Field Jacket).

The rest could've been chalked up to Oakley's amazing QC and/or the possibility this was some demo pair used for installation/removal practice.

This seller is claiming to be a Lux dealer with even some spare lenses for sale. This isn't the rarest thing.
Selling for less than retail hardly hurts given how insane the initial markup is. 5000+ transactions. A live storefront. They're accepting return/refund.

So I'd bottom line return that pair.

It is plastic sticker on glue. The seller accepted return. So I will send it back.

But many bags look like that.

A couple of loose threads are to be expected.
Remember these workers are being paid one cent and a dog / bat on a stick for every 100 bags they produce.

But many bags look like that.

A couple of loose threads are to be expected.
Remember these workers are being paid one cent and a dog / bat on a stick for every 100 bags they produce.

It`s not a thread. It`s bag fabric piece. So if they working for one cent and can`t produce good quality why the glasses are so expensive? The bag quality shows the quality of overall I`v bought.

Back