• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tailend quality

The construction might feel a bit flimsy, but it held up good in the two or three years I had them. Sold'm after I got a Mars.

They sit tight and are light. Only problem was that with my high nose, the lenses tilted a bit backwards, leaving too much room between face and lenses on the bottom. Even with the nose pads adjusted as far as possible.

From a "Mad science" point-of-view, IMHO these were one of the best designs of the last few years. They should've made more outspoken colors though. Polished aluminum paint with blue metal icons and Prizm Sapphire lenses, for instance.

I know this is an old post, but as I am a newcomer and a owner of a Tailend, thought it would be fair to share my opinion.

Though IMHO Tailend has one of the most unique and nice designs ever released by Oakley, I had problems with the lenses. They simply started peeling off out of nothing.

They were replaced by Oakley guarantee service and siNce then have never had any problem.

They aren't a tank, but do the job. Unfortunately, my particular opinion is that non- Usa made lenses has not the same quality as the Uncle Sam ones.

Still nice sunglasses. They are light, unique and look excentric- just what expected from them. Look fragile, but will endure some abuses...

Back