• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
How the Oakley X-Metal XX stole the best of the Romeo and Juliet to create all around great pair of sunglasses

Background and History

Released in 1999, the Oakley X-Metal XX takes the positive feedback from the Romeo 1.0, Mars and Juliet, and combines them into an all-around great pair of sunglasses. By 1999, Oakley X-Metals propelled by the Juliet, had begun increasing in popularity. No longer were they just the fantasticly designed glasses, people began seeing the innovation behind them.

Now Oakley had enough convincing in ’99 to release the X-Metal XX, marking the first year where two new X-Metals were released. With a retail price starting at $275, the price while high was in-line with the other sunglasses in the X-Metal family.

Also known as the XMXX, Oakley produced the X-Metal XX from 1999 to 2006 when it was ultimately...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
1612394111627.jpeg

and @Chris A Hardaway lenses make them even sexier! Love the Sapphires brother! Got em in... had to let my mind wrap around the violet rubber set and violet hue of the blue lenses then fell deeply in love!View attachment 891300View attachment 891301
Very nice sir! Didn't bother me at all to see Violet rubber on those darker sapphire lenses... so do they look that dark in person? Or are they less of a match in person? I'd certainly continue to wear with pride.

Very nice sir! Didn't bother me at all to see Violet rubber on those darker sapphire lenses... so do they look that dark in person? Or are they less of a match in person? I'd certainly continue to wear with pride.
Im gonna be honest.... I HATE the sapphire on anything but a dark frame BUT I LOVE and I do mean LOVE the base color of Sapphire prizm so this was me stepping into a frame I would wear the colorway in. Putting them in the darker X Metal finish brought out the purple sub hue in the lense and in certain light it looks almost matching but the rubber set is a true Violet so it is darker. I think they are close enough on the spectrum though and after a day of wearing and looking at them non stop it is true... I have fallen for a sapphire! Anything is possible!

Latest Posts

Back