• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jerome

Oakley Enthusiast
The Netherlands
Oakley Plazma sunglasses have quickly become one of the most popular Oakley frames from the 2021 release cycle. We’re reviewing these cycling sunglasses to test their durability and performance, and see how they stack up against other popular Oakley eyewear.

Keep reading for our full Oakley Plazma review and everything you need to know about these sunglasses!

Table of Contents

Background and ReleaseOakley Plazma HighlightsOakley Plazma Sunglasses ReviewOur...
Continue reading...

I get the (or what was the) "active" line didn't have a heavy functional design language, but this doesn't really look inspired or aesthetically pleasing. Just a bunch of kinks and breaks, seemingly avoiding smooth lines for the sake of looking different from a conventional jacket pair.

Grey ink and polished black look pretty cheap — no offense to anyone who is into this design, by all means each to their own. I just don't see the appeal when we've had the Splice, Scar, Valve, EJ, Splice, Carbon Shift, Pitbull, SJ, etc.

I get the (or what was the) "active" line didn't have a heavy functional design language, but this doesn't really look inspired or aesthetically pleasing. Just a bunch of kinks and breaks, seemingly avoiding smooth lines for the sake of looking different from a conventional jacket pair.

Grey ink and polished black look pretty cheap — no offense to anyone who is into this design, by all means each to their own. I just don't see the appeal when we've had the Splice, Scar, Valve, EJ, Splice, Carbon Shift, Pitbull, SJ, etc.
I first want to see these in person to look how all the kinks and breaks in this frame work out and how much wrap this frame provides and if the lenses are actually tall enough to be used for cycling.

I was actually hoping for a release of a Jawbone inspired model with some sort of switchlock mechanism combined with frames in different colors so that we can remix our own choice in frame and lens colors if we want to :D
The only reason I can think of for not doing this is that this Plazma type of frame would be cheaper to produce than a Jawbone type of frame due to the switchlock mechanism. Oakley has the technology to create a switchlock frame but chooses not to do this.

Maybe if we keep asking for a Jawbone type of frame on this forum Oakley will listen to us :help:

Liking what I see, so far, particularly the matte versions. They could have skipped the lip spoiler-like protrusion on the lower orbitals though!!
Still, the design is very Oakley, I would wait to try one on, once it hits stores!

oo9019-Split.jpg

rw-carbon-fiber-audi-8v-rs3-carbon-fiber-front-lip.jpg

Liking what I see, so far, particularly the matte versions. They could have skipped the lip spoiler-like protrusion on the lower orbitals though!!
Still, the design is very Oakley, I would wait to try one on, once it hits stores!

View attachment 822052

View attachment 822053
I thought they designed those on purpose to keep wind and objects from going behind the lenses, that’s what some bicycle guys say anyway.

I thought they designed those on purpose to keep wind and objects from going behind the lenses, that’s what some bicycle guys say anyway.
If I am not mistaken, the gen 1 Valves had similar protrusions, both, top and bottom

Back