• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oh Baby, the grail of all grails, (at least for me).

You have one with Romeo
etched in the bridge, do you not?
Looks like it was almost burned in.
You mean this?

89240680-0463-4189-882A-3E459C98619E.jpeg

This should be with Joe still. I doubt if he will sell it off. Rumor has it he gave Mike bell 10k for it
Ahhh, yes, Joe. He has some incredible items, as do a few other collectors that got a share of Mike’s treasures.

$10,000 for an Oakley sunglass is crazy.

Some of the Oakley employees I know are generally stunned by the amounts paid. There is an inside joke amongst a certain group that when they leave the company, they will obtain as many X-metals as they can and PVD customize it with crazy colours and sell it for a fortune as a ‘prototype’. Since the technique for coatings is pretty standard, is not proprietary to Oakley, can be done by hundreds of 3rd party companies such as the ones Oakley uses, and can be represented as being done by an Oakley employee, they figure they can make enormous bank. It’s an inside joke. For now. But when it does happen expect a flood. Which is good since a glut will bring down prices for all factory custom pieces from all eras.

$10,000 for an Oakley sunglass is crazy.

Some of the Oakley employees I know are generally stunned by the amounts paid. There is an inside joke amongst a certain group that when they leave the company, they will obtain as many X-metals as they can and PVD customize it with crazy colours and sell it for a fortune as a ‘prototype’. Since the technique for coatings is pretty standard, is not proprietary to Oakley, can be done by hundreds of 3rd party companies such as the ones Oakley uses, and can be represented as being done by an Oakley employee, they figure they can make enormous bank. It’s an inside joke. For now. But when it does happen expect a flood. Which is good since a glut will bring down prices for all factory custom pieces from all eras.
What a sh*tty thing to do. I prefer to use members here and a couple other resources, that I trust. But yeah, I guess they could do that. But I think most one off or proto Xmetals, and such, is well established knowledge umoungst members here. Even the million Frogs that are out there, I think a few members here have a grasp of what is and what isn't. So as fuked up as that sounds and is, ehhh, probably not a worry.
#0002, Its all about how bad you want something. I have a Native American pot done by Russell Sanchez and Nancy Youngblood, $24,000. And thats just fired clay. Crazy right:headbang:
It's art my friend, X metals are art. Art you can wear and hang on a wall.......and lose your wife and your home and empty your bank account for, all for something that sits on your nose.
:rofl: