• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Olympics Pro M Frames and New M Frames

The lens is after market. I can't see oakley etched above the nose.

Not necessarily. Based on an athlete rep I had a conversation with, there were certain restrictions on branding, logos and such for athletes. I can't speak to this pair but it was possible to have a non-etched lens.

Green looks sweeeeeet! If the thought that its not original bothers you, i'll take it lol.

I've got a couple that i purchased from oakley.com that had a little white on that same spot, a them blue and team red.

The lens is after market. I can't see oakley etched above the nose.

I’m definitely not questioning that the frames are not authentic, but whether it was Oakley that had created these colours and not modded by someone else afterwards. I’ve got plenty of other standard/retail M Frames to know, to the best of my ability, that the frame structure looks legit.

Re the lens, I was told that it did not have the Oakley name above the nose because athletes aren’t allow to show it at the Olympics, although, that means that I could have been sold a fake because ‘how can you know that a non-branded Oakley is legit’ ...mmm. I haven’t actually taken the lens out, so I might do that to see if there are any markings hidden.

mfr12

Not necessarily. Based on an athlete rep I had a conversation with, there were certain restrictions on branding, logos and such for athletes. I can't speak to this pair but it was possible to have a non-etched lens.

Yes - I just posted that I was told the same thing. Any way to check if a non-etched is aftermarket or genuine? It’s a shame that mine isn’t a Hybrid S, as I don’t think that it’s available as an aftermarket lens.

mfr12.

Yes - I just posted that I was told the same thing. Any way to check if a non-etched is aftermarket or genuine? It’s a shame that mine isn’t a Hybrid S, as I don’t think that it’s available as an aftermarket lens.

mfr12.

As you mentioned above, pull the lens and see if there is a date code.

You’re right: Green Fade came in for Rio 2016, so not a good idea to compare against.

I guess that I would need to get my hands on something like the Radarlock given out at the same time to athletes at Sochi, though that would be an expensive effort just to find one out there to compare. I think that the only way that someone would ever know for certain is if they were that athlete picking it up straight from Oakley - unfortunately, that definitely was not me.

Like the Electric Mustard, I’ve only ever seen a handful out there in sports pictures and collections. I’m hoping there there may be someone here who does have one or both in their collection to say that they seem to be the same as theirs.

In any case, I’m pretty happy to have them both, and unlikely to come across anyone else wearing the same pairs - that being said, it’s rare for me to see M Frames of any colour worn these days out running/cycling :-(

How long ago did you pick these up?

As you mentioned above, pull the lens and see if there is a date code.

Yes - I'll do that... and I’ll post a picture of any markings that show, or indeed if there’s nothing. I’m terrible at pulling out and putting back in M Frame lens, so I’ll need to build up the courage for that!

mfr12.

I’m terrible at pulling out

mfr12.

TWHS!

Sometimes you can slighly pull the lens out and you will begin to see the markings and may not have to take them completely out.

How long ago did you pick these up?

I picked these up earlier this year, as part of a deal with another ‘regular’ M Frame - no problems with identifying the other pair, but this one is beyond what I’ve been able to research out there.

mfr12.

Hi! I am very happy now 😁 i have also an electric mustard pro m frame 😁 and a snow jungle also 🤣 i think both is rare.
I just found 4-5 photos...
2003-2004 tour de france, Jens Voigt and Aleksander Vinokourov, wear same glasses. How many paid for them?

26BACEB9-AF4E-47AA-BB7E-0487196946F7.jpeg

7FD08381-CCC6-4CFE-BCF4-2582CFFAA2FB.jpeg

0CE7D8DD-F1BE-456C-902C-18E41A31F44D.jpeg

12CF7394-2437-4234-9D7F-4CE0A951E75A.jpeg

A9EF4449-ADD3-411F-BF67-8025285CE435.jpeg

97196063-8978-4122-A779-5B0A67745F81.jpeg

Back