• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

On The Look-out . . .

It's the Vault in York tho - so I'm not sure you can guarantee a pink bag.
I wonder how flexible Mr Lee would be on price . . . <shameless query about shameless plug!>

'Shy bairns get nowt' - as some would say in the North East of England.

They should come with a pink bag yes. Wildberry 'n' Milk aren't the greatest Frogskins pair ever IMO. If you want something pink and feminine then I get it, but there are much better colour options in the Frogskins range. If you want pink lenses the STPL Frogskins have them, are limited edition, will hold their value, and look amazing.

OakleyFrogskinsSTPL8.jpg

If you buy the Wildberry with the intention of swapping out the lenses then you'll probably have to buy either by the Blacklight pair of Frogskins to get official Oakley made Pink lenses, of go aftermarket with VL, so you're still spending more money to own a pair of Frogskins.

Re: the polished white Frames, the logo on the side is in red, not pink, so swapping the lenses for pink wouldn't be an exact match. Also note that you can still see your eyes through the pink lens whereas other lenses such as Ruby, Violet, or 24k are reflective so people won't see your eyes (in case your were wondering about that).

For Valentines, you could make yourself a cheap look-a-like pair, just buy some Acid Pink (which are really red) and swap out the grey lens. The Acid Pink can be bought for about £60 and after market VL's about £15. I tried it myself:

OakleyFrogskinsAcidPinkPink6.jpg

The VL violet lens doesn't show up too good, so if you wanted to do this I'd probably get Oakley Violets instead, they are much more reflective and have a bluer tint. Hell, you could buy the Clear w/ violet Frogskins and the Acid Pink and then you'd have two frames and can mix 'n' match to your outfits. That would make good monetary sense to me anyways.

If you wanted Clear frames w/gold iridium I am selling my pair of those.

Hi JK, that's a really useful/informative post. Thank you. Definitely food for thought.

Good work! :biggrin:

Those STPLs look totally kick-ar5e.

But then that's not surprising, as the STPL lads do a good job with most frames (thinkin of the Holbrook in particular).

Right. I've made my mind up. I'll be voting that Mrs H gets the STPLs and the Wildberrys. Best of both worlds to get started in the Frog Pond.

Good post JK. Very useful info.

i really like that idea of Acid Frogs. Yes the wildberry's do come with the traditional pink microfiber.
dsc_00071.jpg

some acid frogs,
Oakley-Frogskins-Sunglasses-2011-06.jpg

maybe you'll like the blacklight series?
oakley-frogskin-blacklight-02.jpg

for brightly colored frogskins.

or take a look through the frogskin exchange section here . . .
you will find a few nice pairs there!
i still have my STPL :rolleyes:

Back