• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over the top

It is the 20 year anniversary of the OTT... My guess is a new revamped OTT that's very limited collaboration with Tokyo Summer Olympics.
That's definitely a great theme and would make an awesome comeback but, as fûcking Lux is the owner of the brand now, I don't see it happening. Imo, they're losing lots of money by not turning their focus to the classic and best frames Oakley has ever produced, such as OTT, MD and the x-metals like Romeo 1, Mars, XX and Juliet.

I believe that Oakley actually lost $$$ on producing X-Metals back in those days... I think it was costing Oakley a lot more to make them then what they were selling them for which is why they didn't continue to produce them. Brands evolve and change so either ppl love it or hate it. They've reintroduced certain classics or "reimagined" if you will like the Oakley Mumbos that came out last year, I think they also came out a new version of the eye jacket and a nod to the Oakley Blades with those evzero shades.

Well, if that is the case, they could charge appropriately for metal frames then. Brands evolve and change, I agree, but in this case, the intere$t$ of a big conglomerate that basically holds a monopoly on sunglasses of all kinds are just not seeing the point, which is that Oakley was always about standing out with disruptive and innovative design and technology.
Most of the frames (or all of them, some would argue) they made since they bought Oakley are pure $hit in the sense that they look pretty much all the same, kinda made for the masses, even though they charge top dollar for them.

Seriously, in the last 4 years I could only see two frames that were actually nice: Tailend and the recent Clifden.

The EV Zero is a nice rehash of the Conduct squared, one of my faves cause they're so lightweight.

It was mentioned on here that the CEO of Lux wanted a pair of OTT's back in 2017 so he had the moulds taken out of storage and a run of 50 were made.....

It was mentioned on here that the CEO of Lux wanted a pair of OTT's back in 2017 so he had the moulds taken out of storage and a run of 50 were made.....
If that was true, I believe a picture of this recent remake would have somehow been posted here by someone...