• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pealing / Flaking Oakley Holbrook Lenses?

Carnage_asada

Oakley Beginner
Has anyone else had this particular problem with lenses? I was cleaning my Holbrook prizm lenses and I noticed that my lenses were pealing/flaking on the part where it makes contact with the frame. Is this a common problem?

Eventually Lenses will start delaminating. It starts around the edge like you’re saying yours are doing. It’s from a number of things like skin oils, sweat, hair products, being left in a car on a hot summer day ( happened to me) this can turn a decent looking pair of lenses junk in a day if they are old enough lenses and it’s hot enough in vehicle. Cleaning with soap and water after use is what I do. I do use the Oakley cleaner and Oakley mf bag or cloth to clean in between washing also.

My lense is pealing and it looks like a junk now, is there any possibility to remove the tint/color?

I’ve wondered about this. I haven’t had any peel but I do have a badly scratched pair of iridiums that it doesn’t look like the scratches went through the coating. I’ve heard of using Brasso or Barkeepers Friend and that within a couple of minutes supposedly they’ll eat right through the mirror coat. That search is actually how I found this forum.

I’ve wondered about this. I haven’t had any peel but I do have a badly scratched pair of iridiums that it doesn’t look like the scratches went through the coating. I’ve heard of using Brasso or Barkeepers Friend and that within a couple of minutes supposedly they’ll eat right through the mirror coat. That search is actually how I found this forum.
Thank you and God bless!

Yes, ive had this happen to my Custom holbrooks. My Custom Oakley Holbrook w/ chrome iridium polarized started peeling! so when i buy a new pair of Oakley's I don't even wear them with the Oakley lenses. I throw away the lenses they come with. I wear Revant optics.
Revant Optics has EVERY replacement lenses for almost every Oakley, they even have Prizm Polarized. They are scratch proof so you can clean them with your shirt! They are equal if not better than Oakley lenses In My Opinion. They are cheaper than paying $110 for a piece of plastic that easily scratches, peels, warped, ect. The Prizm Polarized is called 'Performance Tuned' on the Revant site! check them out you will thank me later! www.revantoptics.com

You toss the lenses?? 🤦‍♂️ Most of the cost on most Oakley’s are in the lenses well as far Luxottica-Oakley is concerned.

And scratch proof? Shy being of laminated with dlc, Omega’s liquidmetal technology, that’s just not plausible. Then again I’m biased I keep it oem.

So each to their own, however slightly, and I mean very slightly tempted to buy a pair of the Revant lenses and take one of my knives with a hollowgrind to one just to see how “scratch proof” they are, or just use a plain ol’ butter knife. Scratch resistant is far likely.

No offense, just ranting. Do as you must, I’m still stuck on that you’re tossing the lenses 😱

Last edited:
I can honestly attest, that my both of my twenty-five (25) year old M frame Gen2 lenses are mint. And of all of my lenses, zero have delaminated, etc. Maybe mine are anomalous. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back