• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pet Owners?dog, Cat, Crocodile?

So, this was the best thread I could find to bump 🤘🏼

Just paid for this little girl - she'll be shipped to my house a week after I get home in December...

Just your basic Female Pied Ball Python

Anyone have any or have experience with BP's ??

View attachment 679256View attachment 679257View attachment 679258View attachment 679259
I’ve owned a plethora of reptiles and amphibians, lizards being my specialty but I have an adoration and knowledge of snakes including the ball python. Best tip I can give you if you are a first time owner and you are receiving it through the mail. Do not be discouraged if it takes a while to eat, I mean even a week or 2 is fine, most of the time they are fed before they are transported and stress can push them to hold there appetite as well.

He's four now and I know how adored he is around here so this is for all his fawning fans...
View attachment 679265View attachment 679266View attachment 679267
View attachment 679268View attachment 679269
Dated a girl who occasionally would try to walk her cat, just getting the harness on the feline was a 30min ordeal. Followed by a 7ft radius of explosive furry surrounding her.. Did you have to go to a trainer to get him to be cool with the whole leash experience, or is your cat a hybrid cat-dog?

Dated a girl who occasionally would try to walk her cat, just getting the harness on the feline was a 30min ordeal. Followed by a 7ft radius of explosive furry surrounding her.. Did you have to go to a trainer to get him to be cool with the whole leash experience, or is your cat a hybrid cat-dog?
I leash trained mine too, and she rides around in golf carts with me. I just left the harness on her when I got off work for a few hours a day for a week or so. Then I put the leash on, then walked her in my room, then took her outside. Not much info online about it but it was fairly simple just have to be patient

It's all he's ever known. We've always had dogs. Neither of ever had a cat before. My wife found him as a kitten and we ended up keeping him. We put a harness on him pretty soon. He's an inside cat. He outgrew 2 harnesses before we ever actually hooked up a leash and let him outside. We had one dog at the time and the cat was always in a pet stroller on our walks. He literally just did what he had seen the dog do. We didn't train him necessarily, we just raised him to live life with us as we do. He actually does really good most times.

It's all he's ever known. We've always had dogs. Neither of ever had a cat before. My wife found him as a kitten and we ended up keeping him. We put a harness on him pretty soon. He's an inside cat. He outgrew 2 harnesses before we ever actually hooked up a leash and let him outside. We had one dog at the time and the cat was always in a pet stroller on our walks. He literally just did what he had seen the dog do. We didn't train him necessarily, we just raised him to live life with us as we do. He actually does really good most times.

Her cat Nickel was an indoor/outdoor cat for 3 years, until they moved to an urban setting an basically forced the cat to be an indoor only cat because they feared something would happen to him. So I think that past life experience of what going outside feels like already set them up for a bad time... Add to that the stress of putting on the harness, while simultaneously avoiding touching his tummy because that was a no-no it induced a terrible time for the both of them. I'd guess if he began life as an indoor it might've turned out better but I felt bad for the poor kitty w/e she wanted to walk him 😬

Her cat Nickel was an indoor/outdoor cat for 3 years, until they moved to an urban setting an basically forced the cat to be an indoor only cat because they feared something would happen to him. So I think that past life experience of what going outside feels like already set them up for a bad time... Add to that the stress of putting on the harness, while simultaneously avoiding touching his tummy because that was a no-no it induced a terrible time for the both of them. I'd guess if he began life as an indoor it might've turned out better but I felt bad for the poor kitty w/e she wanted to walk him 😬
I've heard countless stories from folks about attempting to put a harness on their cat. Just about every time it's a mature cat and it doesn't end well. We were fortunate with ours being a kitten and having the dog to assist.

Had this one for a few months. The first pic is when we first got him/her. Second pic is a couple weeks ago.

6d76e5dc8a5f2034ef7c44573c404f99.jpg
c2dbaf7a27397a2ff8467435dbd86508.jpg