• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitchmen able to take UnObtanium?

TheDukeOfIce

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Silicon Valley, CA
Looking at a Pitchmen Carbon for a Rx frame.

Has anyone swapped the nose pads with Unobtanium? Pics?

These frames otherwise look awesome, few too many reports of them slipping via the clear nose pads....

I just got these frames a week ago and they don’t slip any more than my Crosslinks did. I have oily skin too. Unobtanium hasn’t ever really worked as advertised for me though.

Crosslink nosepads definitely won't fit Pitchman. Pretty much all replacement Rx parts are only available through an optometrist. Have you checked with an optometrist? They should be able to contact an Oakley rep and find out if any parts can be swapped.

I just got these frames a week ago and they don’t slip any more than my Crosslinks did. I have oily skin too. Unobtanium hasn’t ever really worked as advertised for me though.
Crosslink nosepads definitely won't fit Pitchman. Pretty much all replacement Rx parts are only available through an optometrist. Have you checked with an optometrist? They should be able to contact an Oakley rep and find out if any parts can be swapped.
Thank you, glad to hear they shouldn’t be a concern. The hinges look awesome. Appreciate the details.

@Chris A Hardaway have you had worked on the Pitchmen before? Any customer feedback your aware of?

Thank you, glad to hear they shouldn’t be a concern. The hinges look awesome. Appreciate the details.

@Chris A Hardaway have you had worked on the Pitchmen before? Any customer feedback your aware of?
I wear the Pitchman R carbon. I've sold the Pitchman (not carbon version) as well. No complaints on nose pads... I don't know if the pads can be changed to unobtainium.... I do carry the pads in case they day off. I've read reports online, but no one I deal w in person has had issue.

Back