• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pittboss replacement lenses

Hello !
I will post in this thread because my question have connection with this topic.

Does anyone know if the PB I lenses and lenses from another model that can be cut to fit, are differente in tecnology ?

Or is the same but differente shape/curvature/etching only ?

Thank you =)

If the base curve matches (8.75) and lens dimensions of donor are larger than the PBI, then you can cut.

The only "technology" loss you will face is the AR coating on backside of original lens. However, an optician can put them on your newly cut lens if you wish. I personally don't care for it, as in my opinion it makes the lens more delicate unless you put the really expensive higher quality ones.

If the base curve matches (8.75) and lens dimensions of donor are larger than the PBI, then you can cut.

The only "technology" loss you will face is the AR coating on backside of original lens. However, an optician can put them on your newly cut lens if you wish. I personally don't care for it, as in my opinion it makes the lens more delicate unless you put the really expensive higher quality ones.
Got it !

I found other topics talking about that, thanks to your answer

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

Here's your chance to get the OEM mint Tron PB lenses....for the tidy sum of $2500.

M'fer be smoking some crack today.

Here's your chance to get the OEM mint Tron PB lenses....for the tidy sum of $2500.

M'fer be smoking some crack today.

****, that's more than I paid for all 4 of my PBI combined.

Sorry to hear your experience with aftermarket replacement lenses. We carry Original Pit Boss lense and have much thicker lenses that will hold up in all elements. You can find our listing on eBay.

Your lenses are not original - they are aftermarket.

Rule #1:
You must be a forum sponsor to push corporate product here.

Rule #2:
You try to mislead the audience here and they will eat you alive.

Back