• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PK_ZA painting Pros and Ms

Here’s something that I do, which Qtrain told me about. I bought an inexpensive dehydrator that is a little smaller then a microwave. After letting the clear coat air dry for a bit I pop my frames in for a couple of hours at 165 degrees. Once they come out it’s nice and hardened, just pop the lenses in.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I don't have space in my current apartment but definitely something I'll think about for the future 👍🏻

Here’s something that I do, which Qtrain told me about. I bought an inexpensive dehydrator that is a little smaller then a microwave. After letting the clear coat air dry for a bit I pop my frames in for a couple of hours at 165 degrees. Once they come out it’s nice and hardened, just pop the lenses in.
another pro tip, put the lenses in the freezer

another pro tip, put the lenses in the freezer
FF2E377F-76E0-4F97-BE48-CFCC4A83DC84.gif

What does that do?

I use a smoker for mine, at the same temp......as for clear coats this stuff works great imo, nice and hard

Screenshot_20220610-235320_Amazon Shopping.jpg

New colours on the way. Going for a more plain finish for the next couple.
Which should I use first?

Gold/bronze/green
Screenshot_20220614-091149.jpg

Red/orange/yellow
Screenshot_20220614-091221.jpg

Back